New keyboard player

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Re: New keyboard player

Post by Bear Cage »

:smt008
StanInBlack wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 18:02
theraven1979 wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 17:57 Are we seriously comparing The Stranglers with Duran Duran now?!
Yeah, looks like it doesn't it? It truly beggars belief.
theraven1979 wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 17:49 Indeed - I also thought Reeves Gabrels joining The Cure was also a tad weird.
Yeah, this too! Although The Cure also once had Phil Thornalley (he who co-wrote "Torn" as made famous by Natalie Imbruglia) in their line-up playing bass. That's him on "The Lovecats" ...
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Re looking back now with the French tour under their belts i believe that they more than picked the right player to fill Dave's parts after now watching other acts, for me Toby has turned out to clearly be the right man who has come in and done a very professional job,well done to the band for picking him but mostly and above all well done to Toby himself for coming through with flying colours on what was a very hard act to follow.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 19:04 Re looking back now with the French tour under their belts i believe that they more than picked the right player to fill Dave's parts after now watching other acts, for me Toby has turned out to clearly be the right man who has come in and done a very professional job,well done to the band for picking him but mostly and above all well done to Toby himself for coming through with flying colours on what was a very hard act to follow.
Yes agree, daunting and brave to take over from a genius like Dave, he is a great musician.Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 21:14
toilerinblack wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 19:04 Re looking back now with the French tour under their belts i believe that they more than picked the right player to fill Dave's parts after now watching other acts, for me Toby has turned out to clearly be the right man who has come in and done a very professional job,well done to the band for picking him but mostly and above all well done to Toby himself for coming through with flying colours on what was a very hard act to follow.
Yes agree, daunting and brave to take over from a genius like Dave, he is a great musician.Lt Kudu.
Yes i think so Dave was a one off end of but Toby's done well and good luck to him in front of now the home crowd who i'm sure will more than welcome him and the band back,let's have a great tour for Dave and do him proud!
Last edited by toilerinblack on 10 May 2022, 18:16, edited 2 times in total.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

I wonder if Toby will buy the new Oberheim OB-X8? This looks like the real deal. Press embargo to end very soon!
Let's Boogie
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Toby could be the new link to keeping this band going on maybe longer than they first thought they were going to.
He has been quite exceptional and has more than impressed JJ and the other members too i think,he's incredibly just slotted in as if he's been there for years and he's certainly stunned me and i think could continue on for as long as they want to tbh even though reflecting we all know there will only ever be one Dave Greenfield,but again well done Toby for a great tour who seems to be well liked by the fans too.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

I’ve read/heard recently that there was some well known keyboard players who were interested in Dave’s job but heard no names mentioned. Anyone know who they were?
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 21:04 I’ve read/heard recently that there was some well known keyboard players who were interested in Dave’s job but heard no names mentioned. Anyone know who they were?
Reginald Dixon I heard.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

airflamesred wrote:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 21:04 I’ve read/heard recently that there was some well known keyboard players who were interested in Dave’s job but heard no names mentioned. Anyone know who they were?
Reginald Dixon I heard.
My dad would have come along then!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

No but boy did they make the right decision at the end of the day going with a tribute/fan player as it has all worked out very quickly and amazingly well,he's just slotted straight in and got on with it and i for one wouldn't want anyone else than a tribute player like Toby they have.
Yes though I wonder too who the big names names were and I'm sure that many would of liked the chance to join and very successful band with plenty of tour gigs in a year to do as a regular income,but the band did right I think for sure in their choice and the band sound as good as it does because he's in it for me.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 21 Mar 2023, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Wasn't Rick Wakeman mentioned as a possibility?
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 21:50 Wasn't Rick Wakeman mentioned as a possibility?
I don't know I think just about every keyboard player was mentioned unofficially lol
But they have the right and best man in for the job.