Reading 2022

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Reading 2022

Post by theraven1979 »

That was definitely Stan :lol:

Joking aside though the shouting over JJ giving respect to Dave is annoying

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 12:43
Halifax Linda wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 12:08 That’s really disrespectful.
We await the review Kudu.
Thanks yes it was, and some chap behind kept on shouting for Nellie the Elephant,
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 12:50 That was definitely Stan :lol:

Joking aside though the shouting over JJ giving respect to Dave is annoying

Jim
Thanks yes it was, and some chap behind kept on shouting for Nellie the Elephant,

Yes JJ really was pissed off about it, but you always get some morons who have had to much to drink, I will say more in my review, but JJs voice seems to have improved with age, his vocals were superb on all the songs he did lead Vocals on. Lt Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 12:50 Joking aside though the shouting over JJ giving respect to Dave is annoying

I agree, that's completely disrespectful and uncalled for. I mean, this was a person who was actually arsed enough about the gig in the first place to buy tickets and attend and probably knew what the gig was going to be like beforehand.

Anyway...
Greatkudu wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 10:38
jason wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 10:09 Was it Staninblack? :lol:
It may well of been
...it tickles me a lot to think that there are people out there living in enough of a fantasy world that - after all I've said about how I feel about the current line-up on here - they think that I would actually TRAVEL to the opposite end of the country to see them. They've played far closer gigs, and I didn't attend those either... because I'm not arsed! I certainly wouldn't go out of my way and waste my time or spend money to attend any gig just for the purposes of heckling - I leave that sort of things up to the sad cunts that like to do that sort of thing.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Tickles me that you took the comment literally.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Thanks yes it was, and some chap behind kept on shouting for Nellie the Elephant, was mildly amusing the first time, in fact Baz heard it and made joke about it,but the moron is who shouted out when JJ was talking about Dave really pissed JJ off, you could see how annoyed he was with him, JJ was very emotional, but I will work on my review but I will say I was blown away by how good they were but I will say more in my review, it will take time for me to get it right, I will post it by Cop Thursday. Lt Kudu. :smt006
Glad you enjoyed it i said you would, i look forward to your full review like the rest on here do too...Again glad you made it and enjoyed it.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 20:19
Thanks yes it was, and some chap behind kept on shouting for Nellie the Elephant, was mildly amusing the first time, in fact Baz heard it and made joke about it,but the moron is who shouted out when JJ was talking about Dave really pissed JJ off, you could see how annoyed he was with him, JJ was very emotional, but I will work on my review but I will say I was blown away by how good they were but I will say more in my review, it will take time for me to get it right, I will post it by Cop Thursday. Lt Kudu. :smt006
Glad you enjoyed it i said you would, i look forward to your full review like the rest on here do too...Again glad you made it and enjoyed it.
Sir I have started drafting my review, it's turning in to war and peace, but I have to do it justice, but it's possibly my best effort ever, it's going to be a long read, I've just finished the Ruts DC part and have just started the Stranglers part, please be patient. Lt Kudu. :smt005
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

You're spending too much time on it Kudu - it's gonna end up too polished like the 10 album

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 10:44

Sir I have started drafting my review, it's turning in to war and peace, but I have to do it justice, but it's possibly my best effort ever, it's going to be a long read, I've just finished the Ruts DC part and have just started the Stranglers part, please be patient. Lt Kudu. :smt005
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 11:08 You're spending too much time on it Kudu - it's gonna end up too polished like the 10 album

Jim

Jim review is up. Lt Kudu :smt006
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 24 Feb 2022, 11:08 You're spending too much time on it Kudu - it's gonna end up too polished like the 10 album

Jim

Hey if it ends up half as polished as 10 then we are in for a bloody good review then lol.... the longer the better i say.
AdyP
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by AdyP »

[/quote]

It may well of been, the low point was some moron shouting out when JJ was talking about Dave, JJ wasn't impressed, he said something to him, but I need time for my review, I need to put it all together ie sound, set lights, performance, Toby, audience etc. I know your all waiting joking of course but I do enjoy doing reviews. Lt Kudu.
[/quote]

Hi All, haven’t visited or posted for ages but finally remembered my password 😂.

I was a couple of “rows” from the front and to be fair it’s not quite what you think. The “bouncer” beyond the barrier had been gallantly handing out cups of water all eve (it had been quite raucous in front of Baz). Somebody chucked an empty plastic glass over the front and he shouted “ stop throwing the cups” ….. unfortunately just at the wrong moment. I’m certain he was totally unaware of his bad timing.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

AdyP wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 21:14
It may well of been, the low point was some moron shouting out when JJ was talking about Dave, JJ wasn't impressed, he said something to him, but I need time for my review, I need to put it all together ie sound, set lights, performance, Toby, audience etc. I know your all waiting joking of course but I do enjoy doing reviews. Lt Kudu.
[/quote]

Hi All, haven’t visited or posted for ages but finally remembered my password 😂.

I was a couple of “rows” from the front and to be fair it’s not quite what you think. The “bouncer” beyond the barrier had been gallantly handing out cups of water all eve (it had been quite raucous in front of Baz). Somebody chucked an empty plastic glass over the front and he shouted “ stop throwing the cups” ….. unfortunately just at the wrong moment. I’m certain he was totally unaware of his bad timing.
[/quote]

The vid is on youtube of what your describing it's up close at the front and you can hear it all very clear.....Reading 2022 IYSSD.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

AdyP wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 21:14
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok thanks I didn't know that, yes very unfortunate timing. Lt Kudu.