Newcastle

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Skindeep81
SHAKESPEARO

Newcastle

Post by Skindeep81 »

Fantastic performance, great energy, band was on fire. Huge respect to Toby, sounded great, massive massive shoes to fill, must be hard given the circumstances of his appointment.
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Newcastle

Post by iain »

Very much agree. It was a superb show.

Wasn't sure where we were headed with the start to Tank...
rotten thoughts
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Skindeep81 wrote: 19 Feb 2022, 19:39 Fantastic performance, great energy, band was on fire. Huge respect to Toby, sounded great, massive massive shoes to fill, must be hard given the circumstances of his appointment.
Yep and from the few songs i've heard from this gig it's once again a huge fantastic performance from them which seems to be consistent through out this UK tour,glad you enjoyed the gig and i echo your praises to Toby's effort of filling the impossible shoes but has done fantastic like you say which has been the one main thing that has worked out so well on this tour that's making their overall sound work so well.Another point to me is they seem so relaxed and so together as a unit that i wasn't so sure that would happen so quickly as he's just slotted in as if if has been with the band for years its quite incredible which only shows the professionalism by him to his craft and what has helped is his prior knowledge to Dave's equipment,style and play being the huge fan he is of Dave that i feel not many out there could of done,which comes into play just why i felt it had to be a tribute player who knew Dave's material and the main this is that that he clearly enjoys playing the bands material being the fan he is which for me is why it's working so well and so quickly,also KEY is he's playing Dave's equipment reproducing the exact stranglers keyboard sound because it is Dave's unique equipment being such a nice and fitting tribute and gesture to the great man himself that's continuing on in his name..so all credit to all of them for making it work so well and doing Dave proud.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 23 Feb 2022, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
laurie
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by laurie »

I had tickets tickets for this gig but for some reason decided not to go
I have regretted it ever since
Anyone with tickets who are in two minds about going dont waste them go
do you wanna
Skindeep81
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Skindeep81 »

toilerinblack wrote: 20 Feb 2022, 14:40
Skindeep81 wrote: 19 Feb 2022, 19:39 Fantastic performance, great energy, band was on fire. Huge respect to Toby, sounded great, massive massive shoes to fill, must be hard given the circumstances of his appointment.
Yep and from the few songs i've heard from this gig it's once again a huge fantastic performance from them which seems to be consistent through out this UK tour,glad you enjoyed the gig and i echo your praises to Toby's effort of filling the impossible shoes but has done fantastic like you say which has been the one main thing that has worked out so well on this tour that's making their overall sound work so well.Another point to me is they seem so relaxed and so together as a unit that i wasn't so sure that would happen so quickly as it has he almost seems to have just slotted in as if if has been with the band for years its quite incredible which only shows the professionalism by him to his craft and what has helped is his prior knowledge to Dave's equipment,style and play being the huge fan he is of Dave that i feel not many out there could of done,which comes into play just why i felt it had to be a tribute player who knew Dave's material and the main this is that that he clearly enjoys playing the bands material being the fan he is which for me is why it's working so well and so quickly,also KEY is he's playing Dave's equipment reproducing the exact stranglers keyboard sound because it is Dave's unique equipment being such a nice and fitting tribute and gesture to the great man himself that's continuing on in his name..so all credit to all of them for making it work so well and doing Dave proud.
Totally, hes not trying to be Dave, no one can be! I was quite taken a back by the show to be honest. Like you say, it seems together, they want to celebrate Dave it comes across...

I cant see how anyone would be against that.
Skindeep81
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Skindeep81 »

Yep and from the few songs i've heard from this gig it's once again a huge fantastic performance from them which seems to be consistent through out this UK tour,glad you enjoyed the gig and i echo your praises to Toby's effort of filling the impossible shoes but has done fantastic like you say which has been the one main thing that has worked out so well on this tour that's making their overall sound work so well.Another point to me is they seem so relaxed and so together as a unit that i wasn't so sure that would happen so quickly as it has he almost seems to have just slotted in as if if has been with the band for years its quite incredible which only shows the professionalism by him to his craft and what has helped is his prior knowledge to Dave's equipment,style and play being the huge fan he is of Dave that i feel not many out there could of done,which comes into play just why i felt it had to be a tribute player who knew Dave's material and the main this is that that he clearly enjoys playing the bands material being the fan he is which for me is why it's working so well and so quickly,also KEY is he's playing Dave's equipment reproducing the exact stranglers keyboard sound because it is Dave's unique equipment being such a nice and fitting tribute and gesture to the great man himself that's continuing on in his name..so all credit to all of them for making it work so well and doing Dave proud.
Totally, hes not trying to be Dave, no one can be! I was quite taken a back by the show to be honest. Like you say, it seems together, they want to celebrate Dave it comes across...

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Skindeep81 wrote: 20 Feb 2022, 21:21

Exactly.