This current Stranglers is still The Stranglers.

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Re: This current Stranglers is still The Stranglers.

Post by Bear Cage »

theraven1979 wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 09:39
Jon the Impaler wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 04 Feb 2022, 21:07 Anyone seen Buzzcocks recently?

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I wonder if they moan " it's not the same without Pete Shelley " , previously many a moon ago " it's not the same without Howard " Image
I imagine it's pretty weird with just Diggle in the band and "Buzzcocks" on the gig ticket. From what I've heard of the recordings so far it sounds like a Diggle solo album

Jim

I saw the RAH gig, but that’s obviously massively different. I think part of what was, to me, great about Buzzcocks was the contrast between Pete and Diggle (in both songwriting and singing). I’m unsure how they’ll work live with only one lead vocalist (it was never ideal live when the Stranglers went this way). Nevertheless, I will probably catch Buzzcocks again and see for myself.

On a similar note, Big Country are an enjoyable gig if you get opportunity to catch them.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

markorbit wrote: 04 Feb 2022, 20:52 That so many of those bands from 40 years ago are still around today is totally unexpected. I wouldn't have believed you back then had I been told.
Imagine if you'd been told in the '80s while "Nellie the Elephant" was in the charts that a member of the Toy Dolls would not only go on to be frontman of The Stranglers, but fans would treat him like a God while slagging off Hugh Cornwell. You'd certainly call bullshit on that one.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 13:46
markorbit wrote: 04 Feb 2022, 20:52 That so many of those bands from 40 years ago are still around today is totally unexpected. I wouldn't have believed you back then had I been told.
Imagine if you'd been told in the '80s while "Nellie the Elephant" was in the charts that a member of the Toy Dolls would not only go on to be frontman of The Stranglers, but fans would treat him like a God while slagging off Hugh Cornwell. You'd certainly call bullshit on that one.
No one treats Baz like a god, they just appreciate his contribution.Lt Kudu.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

StanInBlack wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 13:46
:lol:
Let's Boogie
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Imagine someone telling you in the 80s that the Toy Dolls player would be performing before 5000 fans tonight in 2022 as opposed to Hugh's 150.
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

Can you imagine been told in the 80s that some people would pay full ticket price to hear some dude from the toy dolls sing karaoke?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Ruby wrote:Imagine someone telling you in the 80s that the Toy Dolls player would be performing before 5000 fans tonight in 2022 as opposed to Hugh's 150.
Another Adele fan. Clearly Image

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yanders wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 21:27 Can you imagine been told in the 80s that some people would pay full ticket price to hear some dude from the toy dolls sing karaoke?
A bit below the belt? Have some respect maybe. Lt Kudu.
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

Relax, I was teasing.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yanders wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 22:04 Relax, I was teasing.
Apologies Sir, some people do actually think that, they are entitled to their opinion, I'm feeling a bit moody tonight. Lt Kudu. :smt005
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:
Yanders wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 22:04 Relax, I was teasing.
Apologies Sir, some people do actually think that, they are entitled to their opinion, I'm feeling a bit moody tonight. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. FFS!

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Yanders wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 21:27 Can you imagine been told in the 80s that some people would pay full ticket price to hear some dude from the toy dolls sing karaoke?
:lol: :lol: :lol: