Best Vocalist of the Punk Era, your Favourite.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

teshka
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Best Vocalist of the Punk Era, your Favourite.

Post by teshka »

It was always the female vocalists that impressed me. Lena Lovich, Poly Styrene, Debbie Harry, Toyah, Siouxie Sioux, Cindy Wilson and Kate Pierson.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 09:34
StanInBlack wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 17:37
Greatkudu wrote: 31 Dec 2021, 10:23 Hugh sacked Chris, but he's much happier now with Kirk and TOH.Lt Kudu.
Hugh doesn't "sack" anybody. Nobody who works with Hugh is assured of a permanent role in his backing group, and they're aware of this fact. Hugh either choose to work with somebody or he doesn't.
We have agency workers at our place , they sometimes have short contracts that may not be renewed, the company doesn't want them any more , so the company in essence is choosing not to employ any more . To me it adds up to the same thing........bye bye . Maybe if it's a project and Hugh works with someone to that end then it's slightly different.
Well let's just say Chris would never want to work with Hugh again, I won't say more as it was a personal conversation but Chris having a great time with Kirk and TOH a much happier gig.Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Greatkudu wrote:
StanInBlack wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 17:37 Hugh doesn't "sack" anybody. Nobody who works with Hugh is assured of a permanent role in his backing group, and they're aware of this fact. Hugh either choose to work with somebody or he doesn't.
We have agency workers at our place , they sometimes have short contracts that may not be renewed, the company doesn't want them any more , so the company in essence is choosing not to employ any more . To me it adds up to the same thing........bye bye . Maybe if it's a project and Hugh works with someone to that end then it's slightly different.
Well let's just say Chris would never want to work with Hugh again, I won't say more as it was a personal conversation but Chris having a great time with Kirk and TOH a much happier gig.Lt Kudu.
Chris seemed pretty happy with Hugh in the years he performed with him. I wouldn't let it concern you Kudu.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 20:53
Greatkudu wrote:

Chris seemed pretty happy with Hugh in the years he performed with him. I wouldn't let it concern you Kudu.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Jim it doesn't concern me but it was a personal conversation I had with Chris so wont say more.Lt Kudu.
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

David Byrne
Elvis Costello
Howard Devoto
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

This suggestion might be a bit controversial. I really like Adam Ant circa Dirk Wears White Sox and the singles, Zerox, Whip, Young Parisians etc. Forget about Prince Charming and later stuff, his early songs were interesting , warped and original. Maybe a marmite artist, but underrated.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Maybe Gene October or Pete Shelley 🤔
All quiet ..........