Tour Start Tonight enjoy at Sunny Lincoln.

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

jonimac
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Tour Start Tonight enjoy at Sunny Lincoln.

Post by jonimac »

Is there an argument?
I don’t see one.
From Glasgow, the centre of Stranglermania (copyright Strangled 1982)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

What's not to like I guess. If a band with solid musicians are gonna be playing Stranglers music then I can imagine all of us would be enthused by that. Can't say I've ever come away from a Straighten Out gig feeling short changed either.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

haha some people do like to create arguments even when there isn't one. I think we're all agreeing so far on the points raised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDB5gbtaEQ

Jim
jonimac wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 13:41 Is there an argument?
I don’t see one.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 13:44 What's not to like I guess. If a band with solid musicians are gonna be playing Stranglers music then I can imagine all of us would be enthused by that. Can't say I've ever come away from a Straighten Out gig feeling short changed either.

Jim
I think that was well said Jim i agree with you too....I think it's nice on the whole after all these decades with the band to still on the whole hear fans are very happy with what they are doing today with both new material and on the live front,it's good for both the band and their fans,especially as we simply don't know how long now they have left in the tank.
I say enjoy seeing them live if and when fans do because once they do decide to call it a day as The Stranglers they will be so missed as a good night out seeing their favourite band and mainly not hearing all the those classics we all love so much,so enjoy it while we can.
Yanders

Post by Yanders »

There's nothing wrong with stage shows, or cover bands. Who said there was?
jonimac

Post by jonimac »

One thing that I have noticed is the vids/pics from the Glasgow gigs, that Im getting from mates, who have never taken an interest in seeing them before.
And unanimous in asking me what the “big, almost disco” song was, as they love it.
From Glasgow, the centre of Stranglermania (copyright Strangled 1982)
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jonimac wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 14:22 One thing that I have noticed is the vids/pics from the Glasgow gigs, that Im getting from mates, who have never taken an interest in seeing them before.
And unanimous in asking me what the “big, almost disco” song was, as they love it.
Stans Favourite. Lt Kudu. :smt005
kenl

Post by kenl »

theraven1979 wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 13:44 What's not to like I guess. If a band with solid musicians are gonna be playing Stranglers music then I can imagine all of us would be enthused by that. Can't say I've ever come away from a Straighten Out gig feeling short changed either.

Jim
Never seen them. Might be all we have soon I guess.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

kenl wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 17:26

Jim
Never seen them. Might be all we have soon I guess.
Straighten out are really good I have to say.People should enjoy the Stranglers while they can, they have given so much enjoyment to so many people over the years and thats all lineups.And if anyone calls them a tribute band I will cancel you. Lt Kudu :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jonimac wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 14:22 One thing that I have noticed is the vids/pics from the Glasgow gigs, that Im getting from mates, who have never taken an interest in seeing them before.
I had a similar experinace with work mates who are not Stranglers fans at all but while i was playing Stallion a few said whats the song i like that it's good and when i said The Stranglers they seemed stunned but again said that's a good song i like it.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Alcluyd wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 02:18 For those eagerly anticipating an ever changing set list on the tour, don't get your hopes up.
I'm not sure anyone actually was? :lol:
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Yanders wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 14:15 There's nothing wrong with stage shows, or cover bands. Who said there was?
There's nothing wrong with cover bands at all. As long as they're honest about it, at least. In a way I kinda feel sorry for the guys in Straighten Out with MKV muscling in on their territory and everything.