Tour Start Tonight enjoy at Sunny Lincoln.

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Tour Start Tonight enjoy at Sunny Lincoln.

Post by Bear Cage »

toilerinblack wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 00:37 Does anyone have the full set list yet?
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-stra ... 8e0a6.html
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Bear Cage wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 01:09
toilerinblack wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 00:37 Does anyone have the full set list yet?
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-stra ... 8e0a6.html
A really good mixed set, a good mixture, covers all bases, as something there for casual fan and uber Fans. Would be nice to stick Sewer in, but they played it on last tour.It May Change a bit?. Lt Kudu.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

markorbit wrote:Don't hear much wrong with that ATS to be honest (apart from the pitch bend synth at the start) but it's never been one of my favs. Interesting that I also liked the version of Golden Brown that surfaced from the French tour that others thought lacklustre. I was more interested in who was going to do Dave's AAAH's in the solo. Think in the end it was a choir sound on the keys.
yeah I agree from the clip ATS sounds fine for me, perhaps a little more "toned down" than before without the macho "my knob" rubbish but that's a good thing. Not sure whether the pitch thing on the synth at the beginning is deliberate or not but either way it doesn't really matter does it, unless you're intent on splitting hairs..
I Hate You !
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

No surprises that they were gonna do a Greatest Hits set but it would be nice if they'd include some new old MKI stuff if you know what I mean.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jeanjacketburnel
Rats Rally

Post by jeanjacketburnel »

Aberdeen tonight. Might pop along. Aberdeen near Birmingham isn't it. Geography not my strongest point
STEVE
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

jetblacksdad wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 20:07
Jon the Impaler wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 19:38
jetblacksdad wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 17:17 There's a few clips on YT. Nice moment at the end of Heroes where Baz looks delighted that they pulled it off.

One thing I noticed is that Toby is a "drier" player than Dave. Dave blended the notes more if you know what I mean - the way he skipped from note to note on the Heroes solo (sometimes like he has sausage fingers if I am honest) and this brings out the difference in Jim's drumming which is not as laid back as Jet'

Still a cracking job, merely an observation!
Did they pull Lines off 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁, must be awkward with 3 of them doing nothing !
Sorry , just joking😁🤔
see for yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AslaA_qSx1s
Errrrrr , oh dear .
All quiet ..........
Bogenbroom
Rats Rally

Post by Bogenbroom »

theraven1979 wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 12:17 No surprises that they were gonna do a Greatest Hits set but it would be nice if they'd include some new old MKI stuff if you know what I mean.

Jim
Yes, I was hoping for a couple of rarities. It’s not a bad setlist if 77-79 and the new album are what you want - lots on here and in the real world will be more than happy with it - but there aren’t any hidden gems.

Bit disappointed there’s only three songs to cover the whole of 1983-2012, but that’s my fault for liking the unpopular stuff more than everything else.
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

StanInBlack wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 22:10
toilerinblack wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 22:03 They did exactly and so beautifully the sort of tribute i wanted them to give Dave...It sure wasn't easy for JJ and Baz but so beautifully done for Dave...They did him proud well done to the both of you.
The performance of "And if You Should See Dave..." to me is what JJ & Baz should be aiming for at the moment. If they really do enjoy each others company and enjoy writing songs together, why not establish themselves as a songwriting unit and as a duo and play acoustically like that? That would be far more credible than calling themselves The Stranglers.
it was a tribute to Dave

Have some respect
See You At The Bar
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 12:17 No surprises that they were gonna do a Greatest Hits set but it would be nice if they'd include some new old MKI stuff if you know what I mean.

Jim
Well out off the 24 songs they played 11 hits and some of those were minor ie Harry and Device, so hardly a greatest hits set? No Skin Deep and a few others, it's a good mix I think. Lt Kudu. :smt013
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Sometimes and Curfew are good additions too.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Death and night and blood world be most welcome also

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

theraven1979 wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 20:03 Death and night and blood world be most welcome also

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Absolutely. Would love Threatened, one of my favourites.

Really hope they play the Raven tomorrow. The best song ever written.