SANTANDER getting rid of Passbooks for Savings.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

SANTANDER getting rid of Passbooks for Savings.

Post by Greatkudu »

Another nail in the coffin for the Customer, just had a letter this morning informing me that as of 29th March, Santander will no longer be supporting Pass books for Savings, as someone who doesn't trust on line banking this is a total disgrace, alot of older people like to see a hard copy of their savings as do I, the reason giving is that it takes to long in Branch, we are fucked these days, they want to force people to have on line banking, they won't convince me, I will take all my money out and stick it under my bed or transfer it all to Gold as that's a good investment especially South African Kruggerands, Angry and disgusted in Salisbury. Lt Kudu. :smt013
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: SANTANDER getting rid of Passbooks for Savings.

Post by porkymeat »

youve missed the boat on gold - way too high to buy now
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

FTSE dropped like fuck last week - lost 5k in about 3 days

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 14:22 FTSE dropped like fuck last week - lost 5k in about 3 days

Jim
Gold Sir. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

porkymeat wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 13:57 youve missed the boat on gold - way too high to buy now
I have a bit of Gold Sir, but I'm know Gold finger. Lt Kudu :smt005
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Greatkudu wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 13:30 transfer it all to Gold as that's a good investment especially South African Kruggerands,
If you're going to buy gold*, stick to Sovereigns. If they go up in value, you'll have to pay capital gains tax on Krugerrands, whereas Sovereigns are legal tender and there's no tax to pay regardless of how much they go up. Presuming you're in the UK, that is.

( * I am neither authorised nor regulated to provide any kind of financial advice, obviously.)
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

droopsnoot wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 19:24
Greatkudu wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 13:30 transfer it all to Gold as that's a good investment especially South African Kruggerands,
If you're going to buy gold*, stick to Sovereigns. If they go up in value, you'll have to pay capital gains tax on Krugerrands, whereas Sovereigns are legal tender and there's no tax to pay regardless of how much they go up. Presuming you're in the UK, that is.

( * I am neither authorised nor regulated to provide any kind of financial advice, obviously.)
Thanks Sir I have a mixture of the two at the moment. Lt Kudu.