Cruising with the Stranglers

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Cruising with the Stranglers

Post by Jake »

Tuckers Grave is a bloody great number, it’s one of the most Doors sounding stranglers songs ever in my opinion, it slightly reminds me of “The End”, which is not a knock. Really great song, sadly can’t say songs of this calibre have been matched on subsequent albums, but that’s personal preference for you.

So how are the ticket sales going on the ghost ship? To get back on topic

It’s looking like Ships That Pass In The Night surely :?:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I think Tuckers Grave is a great song, it does help if you have been to the infamous Tuckers Grave in to.Which I have, not sure if it's still open? But it's a very atmospheric track, suits Paul's deep vocals. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 09:25 I think Tuckers Grave is a great song, it does help if you have been to the infamous Tuckers Grave in to.Which I have, not sure if it's still open? But it's a very atmospheric track, suits Paul's deep vocals. Lt Kudu.
Yep it's a bit annoying really i used to go to Norfolk a hell of a lot but never visited Tuckers Grave inn,it's not there any more s that right or am i wrong there not sure which? lol It's a bit funny really because after Hugh i felt Paul wasn't right but in a way he's missed today and certainly tracks like maybe Water, Down and Breathe i can imagine him doing great version of them he's missed still today for sure.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 13:41
Greatkudu wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 09:25 I think Tuckers Grave is a great song, it does help if you have been to the infamous Tuckers Grave in to.Which I have, not sure if it's still open? But it's a very atmospheric track, suits Paul's deep vocals. Lt Kudu.
Yep it's a bit annoying really i used to go to Norfolk a hell of a lot but never visited Tuckers Grave inn,it's not there any more s that right or am i wrong there not sure which? lol It's a bit funny really because after Hugh i felt Paul wasn't right but in a way he's missed today and certainly tracks like maybe Water, Down and Breathe i can imagine him doing great version of them he's missed still today for sure.
Tuckers Grave is in Somerset, it closed for a time as the owners retired, but I think it may be open again? Not sure, it's a great place though. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 15:49
toilerinblack wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 13:41
Tuckers Grave is in Somerset, it closed for a time as the owners retired, but I think it may be open again? Not sure, it's a great place though. Lt Kudu.
blimey that's me up the wrong garden path there lol
Still never been there even in Somerset's location lol thanks for that feel a bit sheepish lol anyway regardless of it's location still a bloody good track,it's all over to Hugh now for an album at some point and when i'm sure when he does it will as usual be worth waiting for,another Guilty or Monster will do me just fine lol,maybe i'm a little to optimistic there in my hoping.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 23 Jan 2022, 03:29, edited 2 times in total.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Greatkudu wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 15:49 it closed for a time as the owners retired, but I think it may be open again? Not sure, it's a great place though. Lt Kudu.
I believe part of the confirmation of Toby being involved was that he tweeted he was staying at Tucker's Grave Inn.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

droopsnoot wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 19:25
Greatkudu wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 15:49 it closed for a time as the owners retired, but I think it may be open again? Not sure, it's a great place though. Lt Kudu.
I believe part of the confirmation of Toby being involved was that he tweeted he was staying at Tucker's Grave Inn.
Yes i remember, I think it's run by the Customers now as the original owners retired and it wasn't going to be sold as a pub, as it doesn't serve food apart from the odd Sandwich, last time I was their a certain Mr Wilcox came into to buy some eggs, off course he now lives in France. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 20:04
Yes i remember, I think it's run by the Customers now as the original owners retired and it wasn't going to be sold as a pub, as it doesn't serve food apart from the odd Sandwich, last time I was their a certain Mr Wilcox came into to buy some eggs, off course he now lives in France. Lt Kudu.
Bought some eggs great stuff did you talk to him? it was him whose always said that the band's an entity and know one member is bigger than the band itself if i remember correctly i could be wrong there it was that quote that has always made me think about the band being an entity,anyway it's great that you've been there,didn't the band play there or wasn't it Baz who done an acoustic gig i can't remember which one it was you guys are more up on the facts post Hugh than me lol........ Roll on Reading for you still i hope.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 03:36
Greatkudu wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 20:04

Bought some eggs great stuff did you talk to him? it was him whose always said that the band's an entity and know one member is bigger than the band itself if i remember correctly i could be wrong there it was that quote that has always made me think about the band being an entity,anyway it's great that you've been there,didn't the band play there or wasn't it Baz who done an acoustic gig i can't remember which one it was you guys are more up on the facts post Hugh than me lol........ Roll on Reading for you still i hope.
Sir Baz did a gig there when it was about to close, but it's open again? No I didn't talk to Sil I could have done, but I didn't want to invade his space as he was off duty, its a line you don't cross.I would never speak to a band member in a private situation, only when they are on duty, and on the tour they are in a bubble so do not want any fans approaching for a chat etc, as to much risk of infection, I may be doing Reading but it's logistics, So it's 50|50.Lt Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I don't think it's necessary to actually visit the Tuckers Grave Inn in order to appreciate the song, in the same way as I don't think it's necessary to visit Toulouse in order to appreciate "Goodbye Toulouse" ...
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Agreed but you do have to visit the moon to appreciate the song "Last Man On The Moon"

Jim
StanInBlack wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 13:58 I don't think it's necessary to actually visit the Tuckers Grave Inn in order to appreciate the song, in the same way as I don't think it's necessary to visit Toulouse in order to appreciate "Goodbye Toulouse" ...
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 13:58 I don't think it's necessary to actually visit the Tuckers Grave Inn in order to appreciate the song, in the same way as I don't think it's necessary to visit Toulouse in order to appreciate "Goodbye Toulouse" ...
Call yourself a fan? Of course every location has to be visited. Lt Kudu. :smt005