Hazel O Connor get well soon

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Hazel O Connor get well soon

Post by Greatkudu »

Very sorry to hear that Hazel O Connor was rushed to hospital recently, my thoughts are with her Family and friends. Lt Kudu.
RetroRocket
Rats Rally

Re: Hazel O Connor get well soon

Post by RetroRocket »

Yes, sounds like an aneurysm, I hope she's on the mend very soon.

Breaking glass, is an all-time fav album,.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Definitely, even though she’s not very likely to be reading this forum, very best wishes to her all the same.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Jake wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 21:55 Definitely, even though she’s not very likely to be reading this forum, very best wishes to her all the same.
I saw her playing live with Hugh some years ago at the Electric Ballroom, she was great, think she sang Hanging Around on stage with Hugh, obviously they remained friends. Lt Kudu.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Greatkudu wrote:
Jake wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 21:55 Definitely, even though she’s not very likely to be reading this forum, very best wishes to her all the same.
I saw her playing live with Hugh some years ago at the Electric Ballroom, she was great, think she sang Hanging Around on stage with Hugh, obviously they remained friends. Lt Kudu.
Yes I was there that night. She did sing hanging around with him. It was good to see..
I Hate You !
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I distinctly remember being on a school trip to the theatre, on the coach the driver had Radio 1 on, and they played Hazel's version of Hanging Around. I forget if it was on "Round Table" or just on the normal radio. Hope she gets better soon.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

droopsnoot wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 10:08 I distinctly remember being on a school trip to the theatre, on the coach the driver had Radio 1 on, and they played Hazel's version of Hanging Around. I forget if it was on "Round Table" or just on the normal radio. Hope she gets better soon.
Sadly I doubt she will tour again, but her health more important, I always loved her version of Hanging Around, and her signature song will you has the best sax solo ever bar Baker Street by Mr Rafferty. Music was so much better years ago IMHO, others will disagree of course. Lt Kudu.