Cruising with the Stranglers

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Cruising with the Stranglers

Post by theraven1979 »

Bear Cage wrote:
StanInBlack wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 00:06 The idea that Dark Matters comes remotely close to (for example) the likes of Guilty has severely tickled me, like Image
agree not remotely close, DM is well ahead. Image
Good luck with that!

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

theraven1979 wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 00:41
Bear Cage wrote:
StanInBlack wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 00:06 The idea that Dark Matters comes remotely close to (for example) the likes of Guilty has severely tickled me, like Image
Good luck with that!

Jim

Thank you for your support, although luck isn’t needed.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Bear Cage wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 00:41
Bear Cage wrote:
Good luck with that!

Jim

Thank you for your support, although luck isn’t needed.
well some kind of mystic reality clearly is!

Jim

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

StanInBlack wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 00:26
Bear Cage wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 00:21 As clear as a bell, Hugh can still occasionally write and record a great track, unfortunately overall, although his albums are good, they’re just not as good as The Stranglers (10 and WIR excepting)
:smt005 :smt005

You're now implying that Coup de Grace is superior to any album in Hugh's solo discography? Okay, matey. You're entitled to be wrong.
I have heard barely anything of Hugh's stuff since he left , but I think listening to Giants I would throw that in the mix as stuff possibly inferior to Hugh's , purely on the basis I think it's worse than Coup or WIR so if those are in the mix then Giants has to be imo . Can't comment on DM as I think it's better than the one's mentioned but can't really compare to Hugh's as I know little , heard some bits here and there but Nosferatu and Black suit thingy apart , not a lot .
All quiet ..........
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Sorry to inject some bad Humour in to cruising with The Stranglers, isn't Cruising a slang term for something else? But I've lead a to sheltered life to know about these things, but let's say I think the set will deff be a greatest hits selection, I just imagine the scenario, men and maybe some ladies drinking all day, sunburnt looking like lobsters, probably missing the actual gig as they are so pissed, come on chaps own up if you are going? You can tell all to Dr Kudu, I promise I won't divulge your attendance or the fact you will be wearing blue Blazer and white slacks. Lt Cmdr Kudu. :smt013
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 08:52
StanInBlack wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 00:26
Bear Cage wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 00:21 As clear as a bell, Hugh can still occasionally write and record a great track, unfortunately overall, although his albums are good, they’re just not as good as The Stranglers (10 and WIR excepting)
:smt005 :smt005

You're now implying that Coup de Grace is superior to any album in Hugh's solo discography? Okay, matey. You're entitled to be wrong.
I have heard barely anything of Hugh's stuff since he left , but I think listening to Giants I would throw that in the mix as stuff possibly inferior to Hugh's , purely on the basis I think it's worse than Coup or WIR so if those are in the mix then Giants has to be imo . Can't comment on DM as I think it's better than the one's mentioned but can't really compare to Hugh's as I know little , heard some bits here and there but Nosferatu and Black suit thingy apart , not a lot .
I’ve bought just about all of Hugh’s and The Stranglers’ albums (I.e. every major release, I don’t bother with the Miriam of compilations), as well as seen both live; so base my opinion on having listened and seen both on multiple occasions (The Stranglers more than Hugh, because I think they’re better).
I know we’ll all have our own opinions. I just try to balance the tirade of negativity against the Stranglers posted by Stan when he constantly espouses in the Stranglers MkV forum about how crap the Stranglers are, and how wonderful Hugh is. I therefore highlight that I (and most others) disagree and think that although Hugh is good and can be great, The Stranglers can still be better (both on Record and Live).
Such postings in support of The Stranglers on a Stranglers forum will immediately be taken as an affront to the moderators, who will quickly wade in with mockery, snipped responses to enable distorted misquotes when taken out of context, personal insults, etc…
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 10:30 Sorry to inject some bad Humour in to cruising with The Stranglers, isn't Cruising a slang term for something else? But I've lead a to sheltered life to know about these things, but let's say I think the set will deff be a greatest hits selection, I just imagine the scenario, men and maybe some ladies drinking all day, sunburnt looking like lobsters, probably missing the actual gig as they are so pissed, come on chaps own up if you are going? You can tell all to Dr Kudu, I promise I won't divulge your attendance or the fact you will be wearing blue Blazer and white slacks. Lt Cmdr Kudu. :smt013
Plus a mohawk :lol:
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Beer drinking in 35C heat on a ship bobbing up and down, mingling with hundreds of sweaty bodies and then to bed in a claustrophobic tin cabin ? No thanks.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

It's anyone gonna actually do this?

Jim

gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:It's anyone gonna actually do this?

Jim

I can see it being cancelled. Not just because of covid but are old punks really interested in this type of event.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

gjinblack wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 12:04
theraven1979 wrote:It's anyone gonna actually do this?

Jim

I can see it being cancelled. Not just because of covid but are old punks really interested in this type of event.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
I’m wondering if there’s more of a European audience for these type of things?
Although I’d happily individually pay to see many of these acts (and have done in the past), at this cost it just doesn’t add up for me, and I don’t think it will do for the vast majority.
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

Is it the whole ship, or do they just need to sell enough tickets to pay for the bands and room hire? They might not need more than two or three hundred guests.