Cruising with the Stranglers

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Cruising with the Stranglers

Post by Jake »

Fuck me that is expensive.

Didn’t Dave Greenfield used to play in covers bands on Cruise Ships in his early career?
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Our Paul performed on cruise ships in recent years.

Anyway, if, God forbid, this ship goes down like a Titanic only Rotten and Jonesy will be left of that generation 😎
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

That Titanic analogy is quite fitting at some point. Who’s going to be in the upper classes like Kate Winslet, and who’s going to be in the lower decks like Leonardo DiCaprio. It’s kind of sad how some rock music gigs have segregated areas these days, it doesn’t seem very rock’n’roll and certainly not very “punk” to be operating like this, but hey if someone wants to go good luck to em
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

From what I can remember from ads when I used to get a newspaper, cruises in general are expensive, especially if you want a decent cabin. The main difference here seems to be the entertainment. Is it that different to playing Butlins? Maybe there will be some convention-like activities as well, unless the acts get ferried to and from the ship as and when they're performing.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I was waiting for Stan to comment on this, firstly I am a land lubber and not a salty sea dog, I remember once I did a sea voyage from Zanzibar to Dodomo Tanzania and after a few minutes everyone one was throwing up, I remember thinking I feeling OK then I joined my fellow passengers in throwing up, it was the trip from Hell, so just on that note I wouldn't go, but obviously it's a great earner, but some would think it's everything the band stood against, as to do this you need quite alot of money, so is this the ultimate sell out? I'm playing Devils Advocate.I hope if anyone on here is going they wear the appropriate attire ie:blue Blazer, slacks and yachting cap so they end up on the Captains table. Lt Cmdr Kudu. :smt005
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

Yeah, it's just a posher Butlins.

I think it's funny that the angry bands and fans of the 70 are recreating the magic by deciding which level of luxury cabin they should go for.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yanders wrote: 02 Dec 2021, 13:08 Yeah, it's just a posher Butlins.

I think it's funny that the angry bands and fans of the 70 are recreating the magic by deciding which level of luxury cabin they should go for.
Irionic and bizarre, do you remember who said this in 1978? We ain't playing to elitist audiences so fuck off. Lt Kudu. :smt005
adeinblack
Rats Rally

Post by adeinblack »

I can't see this working at these sort of prices. Seems all mixed messages...a cruise is one thing but does it really go with all this music?

Seems too many bands.
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

Will it be this :smt114

or this

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Could turn into a Squid Games scenario when the floating petra dish becomes rife with Covid and you've been at sea for 6 months and have to do quests for food. I'm in!

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

The very idea of this makes me sick.

Sorry. But a fucking cruise? Silly!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

jetblacksdad wrote: 03 Dec 2021, 11:48 The very idea of this makes me sick.

Sorry. But a fucking cruise? Silly!
TBO I can not think of anything worse. A cruise around the Med with 50 + year old men who can not hold their piss anymore (me included) for a week or so. No one will be at the gigs in the evening. To fucking hung over after trying to be a 20 year old and start drinking at 9.00 am like their youth. Me included.