New keyboard player

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: New keyboard player

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 22:49 Moo straight with the cash cow, Tobias!
Maybe wish him well? Lt Kudu.
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

StanInBlack wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 22:49 Moo straight with the cash cow, Tobias!
Stan at his trolling best - yet again
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Trollinblack strikes again!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Just saw a clip of Nuclear Device last night, Toby sounds really good, Dave would be proud. Lt Kudu.
adeinblack
Rats Rally

Post by adeinblack »

I got Waltz and Water on my fbook if anyone wants to see it.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

Staninblack why do you keep doing this? I’m sure that we are all familiar with your views now I don’t know about anybody else but I found myself feeling sad last night because of the stranglers first performance without Dave but I also feel blessed that I’ve seen the stranglers with both Dave and Hugh and now we are all blessed that the band decided to continue with Toby I totally get your admiration for Hugh but your cynicism just encourages negativity
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

marky wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 12:21 I totally get your admiration for Hugh but your cynicism just encourages negativity
My cynicism towards this current Stranglers line-up doesn't really have much to do with me being a fan of Hugh Cornwell's solo work. Even if I wasn't a fan of Hugh's solo work, I'd think this current line-up was a really bad idea.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

It took a hell of a lot of courage for them to get out on to that stage last night, especially Toby!

I could only watch one video and I was in bits :smt010

It was tough for Dave's widow last night too :smt010

Your lack of basic empathy is concerning, Stan :smt011
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Don't know why anyone would get so wound up by another member's posts, people are allowed to have an opinion, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Personally, I'm enthusiastic about the current line-up, and look forward to seeing them with Toby.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 11:32 Just saw a clip of Nuclear Device last night, Toby sounds really good, Dave would be proud. Lt Kudu.
Yep just seen the same clip too sounded good to me too on the keys and backing vocals with JJ,he seemed from the little i saw relaxed with it all ....Well done Toby!
I just got to hear Stallion from somewhere,i admit there i didn't think they would take that one on live,but superb they did.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 30 Nov 2021, 18:25, edited 2 times in total.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

I've tried hard to appreciate the video clips and pictures but it's not happening for me.Apart from the obvious sadness of not seeing Dave in position there's also the heartbreaking wrench of seeing the remnants of a once great band.It gives me no pleasure saying this but it does look like a tribute act.With both JJ and Dave it wasn't TOO bad but not now.Why have they allowed it to come to this ? There's no dignity for mine.It's all very well Baz saying "tough, this is the Stranglers in 2021" but he can't tell people how to feel.It's like watching your house burn down and I fail to see how it is a tribute in honour of Dave with someone else in his place.Just my take on things but obviously others see it differently and the venues will be full next year.Best wishes to Toby who is clearly talented and seems a lovely bloke but I think I've seen my last gig.No offence intended, just my own thoughts.
Last edited by Ruby on 30 Nov 2021, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I think your thoughts sum up quite well the same as I feel Ruby, with a heavy heart obviously