WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by StanInBlack »

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by Jake »

StanInBlack wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 12:26
I like his early '70s work the most (Histoire de Melody Nelson / Vu de l'exterieur), but he certainly was a character wasn't he? :lol: Only Serge Gainsbourg would get top notch session musicians like Sly & Robbie in the studio to lay down a groove and then put fart noises over the top of it, or jump on the rap bandwagon right at the end of his career and have a song with a chorus line that goes "a'slippedy slam bam boom bam Gainsbourg!"
Definitely, both great albums you mention. I have a particular thing for the Rock Around The Bunker album, probably my favourite for so many top songs one after the other, seemingly the album resulted from his anger at the rise of the Front National at the time, not least from being made to wear a yellow star as a child in Nazi occupied Paris. He seemed to court more controversy the older he got, not sure if all of it was deliberate either. Was listening to the last album he made, You’re Under Arrest, and he sounded really ill by then, it’s not by any means unlistenable but kind of sad hearing that obvious decline in his health due to his lifestyle. Certainly a great character, one of a kind. His constant reinvention of his musical sound was commendable too, anything but formulaic, and he could pull off all these different guises, where others may not have sounded all that convincing.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I can’t really understand that Brexit blues, if they don’t know which way to go, lyrics are not the easiest to follow, sounds like they were stuck in the middle of a binary choice (Cue, the incoming flack)
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

https://open.spotify.com/track/0zUwix9i ... linky-link

Anyone know anything about this track by the Inspiral Carpets?
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

https://youtu.be/As5tAAz3GIE

Depeche Mode/ Stranglers Mash up!
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Still magnificent all these years later.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

s.harris
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by s.harris »

Redskins – Neither Washington Nor Moscow 4 CD box set.

All the best

ShaunInBlack.
'Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining'
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I've been recommended The Monochrome Set. Any fans on here?