French Tour Set Opener....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

laurie
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: French Tour Set Opener....

Post by laurie »

Duchess would be my choice
do you wanna
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

laurie wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 19:40 Duchess would be my choice
Great song, it would bring a tear to my eye thinking of Dave's downing his pint during the solo.....
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 13:34
theraven1979 wrote:It was knackering - never really got me breath back through the entire set.

Jim
1991-1995 Mark2 were an incredible Live Band.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Intresting well i didn't see them live betwern those years only bits i've seen on vids and youtube,so i can understand the electric energy for sure compared to '90 with Hugh,but for me when it comes down to what really matters and that's the music then they or any other mk with all the energy under the sun cannot compare to Mk1 musically and that's is it in a nutshell for me,but it is intresting that so many really enjoyed the band with Paul in those years and that's the main thing really that fans went to a gig and was blown away.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 29 Oct 2021, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 13:34
theraven1979 wrote:It was knackering - never really got me breath back through the entire set.

Jim
1991-1995 Mark2 were an incredible Live Band.

Intresting well i didn't see them live betwern those years only bits i've seen on vids and youtube,so i can understand the electric energy for sure compared to '90 with Hugh,but for me when it comes down to what really matters for me anyway and that's the music they or any other mk cannot compare to Mk1 and that's is it in a nutshell for me.
I thought you were at Brixton in June 91?

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 22:09
toilerinblack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 13:34 1991-1995 Mark2 were an incredible Live Band.

Intresting well i didn't see them live betwern those years only bits i've seen on vids and youtube,so i can understand the electric energy for sure compared to '90 with Hugh,but for me when it comes down to what really matters for me anyway and that's the music they or any other mk cannot compare to Mk1 and that's is it in a nutshell for me.
I thought you were at Brixton in June 91?

Yes i did for the first four songs worth post Hugh which i remember starting with 5 minutes which was the first time i saw Paul,but i don't count not being at a gig for a few songs worth,i didn't see the full gig and never saw them again as MK11 so i can't really comment on just how good they were through those years as a band not like the rest of you can who went religiously.
stuartinblack
Rats Rally

Post by stuartinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 13:27 I meant 91 - Heroes then Threatened. I only saw this at Maine Road mind.

Jim
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 12:55
theraven1979 wrote:Opening with Heroes on the 92 (I think) tour was pretty fucking mental. Unsure whether my legs, body, heart could handle it now though Image

Jim
In 1992 they opened with Time To Die.

You mean Dreamtour 86/87.

I thought they started with 5 mins then into heroes at main Rd was at the gateshead gig and they started with 5 mins if my memory is correct
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

They changed the set. Annoyingly bt the time they got the Radio 1 broadcast they'd dropped Sewer!

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
dreamtime101
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by dreamtime101 »

stuartinblack wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 12:05 I would start with heroes or hanging around which I never remember been a opener but I think water is a stick on
I'd probably choose something like Hanging Around as well. The only time I can recall them opening with it was Weyfest 2010 - think it might have been chucking it down so maybe the band were delayed coming on, hence Hanging Around.

It's going to have been the best part of 3 years since most of us have seen the band live come 2022 so it would be pretty apt again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkf8H3llN0A
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

dreamtime101 wrote:
stuartinblack wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 12:05 I would start with heroes or hanging around which I never remember been a opener but I think water is a stick on
I'd probably choose something like Hanging Around as well. The only time I can recall them opening with it was Weyfest 2010 - think it might have been chucking it down so maybe the band were delayed coming on, hence Hanging Around.

It's going to have been the best part of 3 years since most of us have seen the band live come 2022 so it would be pretty apt again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkf8H3llN0A
http://auralsculptors.blogspot.com/2011 ... 0.html?m=1

Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

I don't think Hanging Around is a suitable opening number at all, it's a mid set song.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

My prediction is Heroes ie the Stranglers song not the Bowie one, one of my unfunny jokes which I'm infamous for amongst my other Infamy and they all have it Infamy, and Carry on Fans would get this unfunny joke and I'm not a Gammon either as I don't eat meat but Fish, and I prefer Nile Perch to Snapper, I'm on a role this morning. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Ruby wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 08:57 I don't think Hanging Around is a suitable opening number at all, it's a mid set song.
Agreed too...it's no opener for me either....you need classic belters and if they wont start with a classic old belter like heroes which i think could be a fitting start anyway and they want to start with a new DM one then for me it has to be ....Water!.....Waltzinwater lol
Last edited by toilerinblack on 31 Oct 2021, 21:04, edited 5 times in total.