WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by MiB81 »

gjinblack wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 13:14 The BrowNote and
The Disciples of Spess.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
:smt006 :smt023 :smt020 :smt008
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by jason »

I think Down was compared to Leonard Cohen in a Dark Matters album review somewhere. I haven't really delved into his stuff. May need to!
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

jason wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 20:13 I think Down was compared to Leonard Cohen in a Dark Matters album review somewhere. I haven't really delved into his stuff. May need to!
I should listen to more really.
Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

8088 wrote: 16 Sep 2021, 20:41 Icicle Works - Out Of Season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko9r6AP_TYs
Great song from an excellent album - their best. Saw them a couple of times in the late 80s with the original line up. Then saw them recently supporting the Chameleons in Manchester. McNabb still has a soaring voice and is a good guitarist. Funny how they turned from indie masters to rock wannabes. I suppose that led to them splitting up. I think I will put my LP on and it give it a blast. Cheers for the reminder.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Just been listening to “your disobedient servant” by Alvin Gibbs and the disobedient servants. Not exactly life changing, but really rather good.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

jason wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 20:13 I think Down was compared to Leonard Cohen in a Dark Matters album review somewhere. I haven't really delved into his stuff. May need to!
Uncle Lenny is definitely worth a listen, probly start with The Songs Of..., or I'm Your Man.
But mibee not if you want to heard something like Down though, as it sounds nothing like Mr.Cohen :roll:
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Palais81
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais81 »

Anyone who likes Hugh Cornwell solo stuff should try out Ed Keupper especially his 80s albums. Great guitar, lyrics and melodies from the ex-Saints guitarist. Probably superior to Hugh in some ways but some will disagree.
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

What an incredible player Annie Clark is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11JiKTyMm7M
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Palais81 wrote:Anyone who likes Hugh Cornwell solo stuff should try out Ed Keupper especially his 80s albums. Great guitar, lyrics and melodies from the ex-Saints guitarist. Probably superior to Hugh in some ways but some will disagree.
I love the Saints- don’t know any of Ed’s solo stuff. Any recommended starting point?
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.