New keyboard player

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: New keyboard player

Post by theraven1979 »

You pedant!

Jim
jeanjacketburnel wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 16:57 Presume you mean peasant.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 16:34 Yes I'm sure the band realise all the songs Dave sang have to never be performed again, that would be a step to far, retire those songs in respect to Dave, it would be wrong for anyone else to sing those iconic Dave songs. Lt Kudu.
It's wrong for anyone else to be considered to be the keyboard player in The Stranglers, IMO, yet here we are. The Stranglers MKV where nothing is sacred.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well for me Dave has left an impossible fill on the vocals,ok another keys filler's coming in but Dave's vocals that's another kettle of fish.Saying that The vocals on The Great Elmyr's Peasant is bloody excellent absolutely nailed it.Nobody can be Dave but it is such a shame that song's like Genetix and peasant will never be heard again live,but we will always have the studio and live recordings of the Hammond Hero in action to listen to and watch again forever.
My best peasant live version ever was ...The Nashville '76.......R.I.P Dave.
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

Should Golden Brown be played live again ? I would not miss it personally, but it so associated with DG that maybe it should be left out.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 21:14
Greatkudu wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 16:34 Yes I'm sure the band realise all the songs Dave sang have to never be performed again, that would be a step to far, retire those songs in respect to Dave, it would be wrong for anyone else to sing those iconic Dave songs. Lt Kudu.
It's wrong for anyone else to be considered to be the keyboard player in The Stranglers, IMO, yet here we are. The Stranglers MKV where nothing is sacred.
Well I thought the Keyboard chap was just to help them fulfill the gig commitments, anymore than that I'm not sure, of course Dave is irreplaceable, my spin is that he's playing as a tribute to Dave, but I don't know how I would feel if he was made a full band member. But it seems the band are carrying on. Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

alaninblack wrote:Should Golden Brown be played live again ? I would not miss it personally, but it so associated with DG that maybe it should be left out.
There's no way they'll leave that out of the setlist. It'll be another greatest hits tour for starters

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

alaninblack wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 22:31 Should Golden Brown be played live again ? I would not miss it personally, but it so associated with DG that maybe it should be left out.
I think GB has to be played as its his legacy, their best selling song that he brought to the world, so it will be played and has to be really. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 22:35
alaninblack wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 22:31 Should Golden Brown be played live again ? I would not miss it personally, but it so associated with DG that maybe it should be left out.
I think GB has to be played as its his legacy, their best selling song that he brought to the world, so it will be played and has to be really. Lt Kudu.
Yes your right GB will be played i'd guess because like you say it's their biggest so it has to be there and what with the Dave and Jet connection i'd imagine it would never be left out,even though i've never been a big fan of it myself and especially live,but it has to be there as it's part of this band's fixture and fittings legacy of time.I think they are really going to put on a great tour obviously it will be emotionally hard and never quite the same again but the sound will be very good i've no doubt.
Mart
Rats Rally

Post by Mart »

StanInBlack wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 21:14
It is the choice of the band, it is their living when all said and done and have the right to continue
When i rest my weary head after all my words are said
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Mart wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 11:45 It is the choice of the band, it is their living when all said and done and have the right to continue
Correct, and it is my right as a fan to observe the choices of the band and decide if I want to make the choice of continuing to buy the albums/see the shows out of some sense of brand loyalty, or whether to go with my instinct/feeling that it's not The Stranglers anymore and stop. It shouldn't come as any surprise which one I'm choosing.

No slight against those that are, but I'm not a fan of cabaret.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Mart wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 11:45

It is the choice of the band, it is their living when all said and done and have the right to continue
Yes we know it's their choice, that's been well established and nobody disagrees but if JJ needs the money at this stage then he's been doing something wrong for the past half century.And if I were Hounsham I'd feel honoured to do the final live shows but I'd feel embarrassed to go beyond that.
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

I'd sooner go and see Straighten out now - at least they are Stranglers fans