Dark Matters - Second Thoughts

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Dark Matters - Second Thoughts

Post by Greatkudu »

Yes I should of just said she doesn't speak to me, just as the Stranglers don't speak to most of the population, I just find it interesting who listens to what. Lt Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 18:20 My god Stan it was a joke why I mentioned Adele, and do you really think I care if people want to talk about Adele? Fuck no I don't
Yes, you clearly brought Adele in the conversation in jest - that much is clear. If you didn't care about people talking about Adele subsequent to that, you had a funny way of showing it considering the huge deal you made over it - and I guarantee you the conversation would have moved on from Adele by now if you hadn't.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

The old "it was a joke" card

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 18:26
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 18:20 My god Stan it was a joke why I mentioned Adele, and do you really think I care if people want to talk about Adele? Fuck no I don't
Yes, you clearly brought Adele in the conversation in jest - that much is clear. If you didn't care about people talking about Adele subsequent to that, you had a funny way of showing it considering the huge deal you made over it - and I guarantee you the conversation would have moved on from Adele by now if you hadn't.
Stan I really was joking, but i seem to fall flat when I try to joke, so I think I will give up with the bad jokes, I just randomly picked Adele as it seems people are so excited about her new album, good luck to them. Shes just not for me. Lt Kudu
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 18:26 Yes I should of just said she doesn't speak to me, just as the Stranglers don't speak to most of the population, I just find it interesting who listens to what. Lt Kudu.
I see...
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 10:08 I'm mysfied How Adele got into this thread? Shall we just discuss Adele from now on? She swears alot, is so poor she had to move to LA, her relationships never seem to last which enables her to make an album every 6 or so years singing about the break ups, her demographic is mostly women and others. Lt Kudu. :smt013
Unfortunately Kudu, the above doesn't read like "I find it interesting what other people listen to" at all, more a list of reasons why you dislike Adele while slighting her audience - helpfully described by you as being made up of "women and others" ...
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 18:37
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 18:26 Yes I should of just said she doesn't speak to me, just as the Stranglers don't speak to most of the population, I just find it interesting who listens to what. Lt Kudu.
I see...
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 10:08 I'm mysfied How Adele got into this thread? Shall we just discuss Adele from now on? She swears alot, is so poor she had to move to LA, her relationships never seem to last which enables her to make an album every 6 or so years singing about the break ups, her demographic is mostly women and others. Lt Kudu. :smt013
Unfortunately Kudu, the above doesn't read like "I find it interesting what other people listen to" at all, more a list of reasons why you dislike Adele while slighting her audience - helpfully described by you as being made up of "women and others" ...
Well a lesson learnt, I need to make it clear what I'm saying in the future. Lt Kudu.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Ruby wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 16:39
parasiteinblack wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 15:34
Ruby wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 15:06 Some prefer a good argument to a good laugh.
No they don't...
F*#k off. :lol:
:lol:
I was trying to do that Monty Python sketch but i can't remember the next line.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Just watching a Genesis concert on Sky Arts, firstly can't believe how much I'm enjoying it, and the reference to Dark Matters is that a song they have just performed sounded very familiar, ie the Keyboard riff, it was so similar to the riff to Breathe, maybe coincidence, but I thought fuck that's the Breathe riff, but what a great Keyboard player Tony Banks is. Lt Kudu.
Young Mr Grace
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Young Mr Grace »

StanInBlack wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 22:20
Young Mr Grace wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 19:35 You're able to reach this conclusion after a couple of listens over a month ago?
Yes.

Was going to comment on how implausible a reasoned review of a song could be after only a couple of listens, but then remembered I've dismissed tracks in the past after only a few run throughs. A lot of the songs on Hooverdam being a prime example.

Don't want to appear hypocritical, so fair comment.
You can't keep up with me.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Their song when we are together sounds nice also with some very nice keyboards to it,i like this singers vocal style and sound that's very nice on the ear,it's been nice listening to them, i'm not familiar with their material at all until now out of curiosity to who's coming in on the keys some really nice songs with a nice balance through out this band's overall sound and production to their songs.
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

Young Mr Grace wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 22:38 [but then remembered I've dismissed tracks in the past after only a few run throughs.
We all do that. I dismissed Golden Brown after my first listen as a pile of crap. Its been forced down my throat ever since though, Radio, then on telly TOTP, nearly number 1, then at every friggin gig I went to afterwards. And nowadays, "Hey Google, play the Stranglers on Spotify" up pops GB... FFS
ozymandias
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ozymandias »

Jake wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 19:54 My big revelation is that I like Baz’s vocals on “If something’s gonna kill me it might as well be love”, it’s literally one of the only songs that I can say that about. The verses are really good, hate to say it sound almost Cornwell style with a bit of Paul Roberts. I’m less keen on the style of vocals on “ Innocence has left thus town, etc”, the “Earthquakes may happen”, that’s good.
I seem to recall that this is a song which doesn’t feature Dave :( which makes it all the stranger

The brass bit is good too, very Aural Sculpture
The first couple of listens I thought Baz's vocals pretty much ruined every track, but having lived with the LP for a few weeks they've actually bedded in nicely.

Down could really benefit from a better vocal performance - JJ's diction sounds likes he's not quite got used to his new teeth.