Dark Matters - Second Thoughts

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Dark Matters - Second Thoughts

Post by Ruby »

parasiteinblack wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 15:34
Ruby wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 15:06 Some prefer a good argument to a good laugh.
No they don't...
F*#k off. :lol:
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Ruby wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 16:38
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 16:20
but I like to debate with people, I have never called anyone a name on here if I disagree with them, sounds like school.
Internet forum insults are usually posted from behind a cloak of anonymity.People like that aren't worth worrying about.
People may think they're anonymous and can therefore say what the hell they want and abuse people indiscriminately but anyone wanting to bring them to task can invoke the Malicious Communication Act 1988/Communications Act 2003.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I don't agree with everyone on here. There's been some particularly harsh comments about Hugh in the past but usually from people I don't really care about tbh. I've got big enough shoulders to let it roll. I think if I gave a fuck this forums woulda died after the first year (1998)

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Yanders

Post by Yanders »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 10:08 her demographic is mostly women and others. Lt Kudu. :smt013
That's a huge demographic.

Post by 8088 »

theraven1979 wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 17:14 I don't agree with everyone on here. There's been some particularly harsh comments about Hugh in the past but usually from people I don't really care about tbh.
Disagreements and being derogatory about Hugh/The Stranglers is one thing - personal abuse and slander is another.

For those who do such, there can be consequences and being *StranglersFan125* does not give you immunity.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Yanders wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 17:23
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 10:08 her demographic is mostly women and others. Lt Kudu. :smt013
Indeed. Also, the implication - by extension that it's a complaint about discussion of Adele (who he brought into the conversation to begin with) on a Stranglers forum that The Stranglers don't appeal to women and "others" like Adele does, which is tosh obviously.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 17:14 I don't agree with everyone on here. There's been some particularly harsh comments about Hugh in the past but usually from people I don't really care about tbh. I've got big enough shoulders to let it roll. I think if I gave a fuck this forums woulda died after the first year (1998)
Exactly. Also, if you do or say something utterly stupid, don't be surprised if someone calls you out on it or at the very least points it out. It works like that in life in general, not just on here.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yes and am not implying that because mostly women like her that it undervalues the music, it's just fact, she doesn't really speak to men in her songs,its all about her failed relationships etc and the latest about her failed marriage, not my thing, but god forbid if i can say, it would appeal to Women more. Lt Donkey Kudu 🐴 sorry couldn't find a Donkey Emoji. :smt005
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

🤡 That's me.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 18:03 Yes and am not implying that because mostly women like her that it undervalues the music, it's just fact, she doesn't really speak to men in her songs
Officer Cadet Kudu there, speaking on behalf of all men. Mind you, you did say "women and others" and now you're saying she "doesn't really speak to men", so are you now implying that gay men etc. (which you've clearly placed in the "others" category) aren't men?

If you'd said "she doesn't really speak to ME" then that would have been fair enough.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 17:54
Indeed. Also, the implication - by extension that it's a complaint about discussion of Adele (who he brought into the conversation to begin with) on a Stranglers forum that The Stranglers don't appeal to women and "others" like Adele does, which is tosh obviously.
My god Stan it was a joke why I mentioned Adele, and do you really think I care if people want to talk about Adele? Fuck no I don't, but I must challenge you, I don't see your logic that because I believe that Adele has a mostly Female fan base, so I must think Women don't like the Stranglers? An odd conclusion, you might as well say because I like beer, I dislike wine, and yes of course women like the Stranglers but I would hazard a guess that they have more male fans than women, especially the early material, I doubt would appeal to most women? But the more mellow period might appeal more,the Feline period got them a whole new set of fans to add to the existing ones, because of the softer music, you seem to assume so much about what I think, the truth is I have a broad love of music from Classical and to artists Like Elvis and Frank Sinatra and even Bing Crosby. And I wouldn't even dare to surmise the demographic of the great Bing Crosby. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 18:18
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 18:03 Yes and am not implying that because mostly women like her that it undervalues the music, it's just fact, she doesn't really speak to men in her songs
Officer Cadet Kudu there, speaking on behalf of all men. Mind you, you did say "women and others" and now you're saying she "doesn't really speak to men", so are you now implying that gay men etc. (which you've clearly placed in the "others" category) aren't men?

If you'd said "she doesn't really speak to ME" then that would have been fair enough.
No did I say that? It has no bearing to me what sexual persuasion people are, and why would I think that Gay Men aren't real men? A very odd supposition. Lt Kudu.