Dark Matters - Initial Thoughts/Reviews

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Dark Matters - Initial Thoughts/Reviews

Post by saminblack »

Bit surprised And If You Should See Dave is so low on the poll by the way...and Payday last is also a shock (although I am not a big fan either...)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

"Breathe" and "The Lines" at 4 and 5, eh? Having the one song they didn't write the bulk of at number 1 is pretty embarrassing, particularly since the song wouldn't have even got a look in if it had appeared on Norfolk Coast or Suite XVI.
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

Maybe This Song is getting more votes because it's the current single? Its in that sweet spot where it's new and exciting before people tire of it.
dreamtime101

Post by dreamtime101 »

saminblack wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 07:55 Did a poll on the sister site on Facebook to gauge best track on first few hearings and as I know a few people here don't do Facebook I thought I would update on results so far to add to debate. So about 15 hours in with over 200 votes cast, this is the tally from Facebook BUT members so far with three tracks well above the rest. Not sure how to do a poll here but wonder if the results would be similar looking at comments so far?

1 This Song. 66 votes
2 Last Men on Moon. (51)
3 White Stallion. (38)
4 Breathe (18)
5 The Lines (10)
6 No Man's Land (9)
7= Water (8)
7 = If Something (8)
9 And If You Should (6)
10 Down (5)
11 Payday (4)

Thanks for this Sam as I'm not on FB. I'd also go along with the top 3 at this stage with Payday 4th.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

porkymeat wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 07:27
Greatkudu wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 19:52 Here here, they have done Dave and fans proud
You sure it isn't Hear! Hear!? Maybe go for Hear! Here! to cover both bases. Or Here! Hear!.
Yes I was waiting for the first person to spot my grammatical error, go to the top of the class that man, I award you a Gold 🥇 🌟 Lt Kudu :smt005
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

dreamtime101 wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 09:30
saminblack wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 07:55 Did a poll on the sister site on Facebook to gauge best track on first few hearings and as I know a few people here don't do Facebook I thought I would update on results so far to add to debate. So about 15 hours in with over 200 votes cast, this is the tally from Facebook BUT members so far with three tracks well above the rest. Not sure how to do a poll here but wonder if the results would be similar looking at comments so far?

1 This Song. 66 votes
2 Last Men on Moon. (51)
3 White Stallion. (38)
4 Breathe (18)
5 The Lines (10)
6 No Man's Land (9)
7= Water (8)
7 = If Something (8)
9 And If You Should (6)
10 Down (5)
11 Payday (4)

Thanks for this Sam as I'm not on FB. I'd also go along with the top 3 at this stage with Payday 4th.
Wow well I do not think this is song is the best song by a mile, I love the song but personally white Stallion is my fave at mo followed by No Man's land, but others are growers which is not a bad thing, but the album is a fantastic piece of work, I like all the songs and even the infamous lines, it works as an album track, I don't know what the band were in when they recorded some of these songs but they feel energised like a coiled spring waiting to break at the cog. Lt Kudu :smt005
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

"The Lines", "Down" and "Breathe" don't seem to have the energy to get out of their respective rocking chairs.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Yanders wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 09:20 Maybe This Song is getting more votes because it's the current single? Its in that sweet spot where it's new and exciting before people tire of it.
I suppose, but the album was only released a couple of days ago - depending on how many of the preview/live tracks people have heard, a fair bit of the album should feel "new and exciting" ...
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

having played the album a few times now, it's beggining to sink in.
it's definitely going to be a 'grower'
every track to me is at least 8/10
white stallion is a fucking masterpiece
....near the nearside window.....
porkymeat

Post by porkymeat »

Greatkudu wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 09:38
Greatkudu wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 19:52 Here here, they have done Dave and fans proud
You sure it isn't Hear! Hear!? Maybe go for Hear! Here! to cover both bases. Or Here! Hear!.
Yes I was waiting for the first person to spot my grammatical error, go to the top of the class that man, I award you a Gold 🥇 🌟 Lt Kudu :smt005
I'm sorry, I only accept crypto.
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 10:08 "The Lines", "Down" and "Breathe" don't seem to have the energy to get out of their respective rocking chairs.
Nothing wrong with a rocking chair, I used to love sitting in one as a kid, and I remember an interview with JJ some years ago, and he was asked whats it like getting older? He replied going from Rock and Roll to a rocking chair, somehow with JJ still playing, riding his motorbike, karate training, I don't think he's quite ready for the Rocking chair just yet. Lt kudu. :smt006
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

porkymeat wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 10:58
Greatkudu wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 09:38

I'm sorry, I only accept crypto.
What's crypto? Lt Kudu :smt005