Dark Matters review

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Dark Matters review

Post by toilerinblack »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 15:17
Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 12:31
jason wrote:I think Somethings going to kill me sounded brilliant acoustically.
At the Moment I want crashing Drums, driving Bass, slashing Guitar and Dave's Keys...but that will change.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I'm with you on that one , don't much like acoustic stuff .
Yes for me that track on the acoustic sessions just blew me away.It was a first class performance that was sang and delivered so well the best from the DM sessions by far,Bazes vocals was some of his best i've heard from him he seemed to step it up a gear,the guitaring,their harmonising,well just about everything in it including the harmonica solo was perfectly done which i think fitted better in the style of that song than the trumpets....everything sounded right,their best performance in years for me anyway.Every band member has contributed so well to this album and i think Baz deserves one of my appreciation pieces of work that i will be posting when finished.
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

StanInBlack wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 21:36
Greatkudu wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 11:11 wouldn't it be great if the album was almost as good as anything they did at their peak?
It would be great, but it's not gonna be.
Stanley, your constant negativity towards the band is so tiresome. It’s as if you just want them to fail and take some weird kind of pleasure in doing so. Yes there is just one original band member left but there are many JJ fans who still wish him and the band every success with this album.
Shush this is serious
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I'm just being a realist. The album clearly isn't going to be up there with anything the band did when they were at their peak which was an incredibly long time ago anyway. Fortunately, there are people out there that actually like the new material that aren't resorting to such levels of hyperbole. Obviously, in a perfect world, I would have loved for The Stranglers to have went out with a bang, and I refuse to bullshit myself by saying that's what's happening. If you disagree, focus on the positive comments of which there are many.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 14:18
Greatkudu wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 11:11 wouldn't it be great if the album was almost as good as anything they did at their peak?
Stanley, your constant negativity towards the band is so tiresome. It’s as if you just want them to fail and take some weird kind of pleasure in doing so. Yes there is just one original band member left but there are many JJ fans who still wish him and the band every success with this album.
Sir I agree JJ has shown himself to have a strength of character and very emotional side with the tragic loss of Dave, we should all get behind the band and enjoy Dark Matters.Lt Kudu. :smt006
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 14:28 Sir I agree JJ has shown himself to have a strength of character and very emotional side with the tragic loss of Dave, we should all get behind the band and enjoy Dark Matters.Lt Kudu. :smt006
I agree that he's showing himself to have a strength of character when dealing with the loss of someone close to him that he's known for a huge part of his life. I mean, that's something that couldn't possibly be denied. Does it mean, though, that if I don't like the record that I should force myself to enjoy it? Christ no, that would be ridiculous.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 14:30
Greatkudu wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 14:28 Sir I agree JJ has shown himself to have a strength of character and very emotional side with the tragic loss of Dave, we should all get behind the band and enjoy Dark Matters.Lt Kudu. :smt006
I agree that he's showing himself to have a strength of character when dealing with the loss of someone close to him that he's known for a huge part of his life. I mean, that's something that couldn't possibly be denied. Does it mean, though, that if I don't like the record that I should force myself to enjoy it? Christ no, that would be ridiculous.
Of course not, and if when I get the album, if I think it's poor, I will say so, but I will state why.So it's wait and see now. Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Greatkudu wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 14:28

Sir I agree JJ has shown himself to have a strength of character and very emotional side with the tragic loss of Dave, we should all get behind the band and enjoy Dark Matters.Lt Kudu. :smt006
Absolutely bang on mate 8)
Shush this is serious
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 14:43 Of course not, and if when I get the album, if I think it's poor, I will say so, but I will state why.So it's wait and see now. Lt Kudu.
Of course. It's not like anyone with anything negative to say about the new material - myself included - HASN'T explained the reasoning behind their viewpoints, but sure. Wait and see, time will tell etc.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

StanInBlack wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 14:26 If you disagree, focus on the positive comments of which there are many.

Yes but it’s rather time consuming to wade through all the pages of negative bollocks to find the positive stuff.
Shush this is serious
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Stan is possibly the only one who thinks Baz is being serious when bowing after playing Golden Brown, too, it's quite laughable. Also insinuating that JJ/the band are lying when talking about the reasons for the DVD's failure to materialise, it's more than tiresome.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

The 'everything jj says is gospel' is tedious too.

Some people are taking on JJs and Hughs beef with each other, and seeing any critism or praise a personal insult. It not our fight, it's them being twats. It's possible to not like new tracks without wanting them to fail. It's possible to like new material without it being a blow to Hugh.

Baz needs new jokes, though.