If something's going to kill me...

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: If something's going to kill me...

Post by villainblack »

sendwarrior wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 14:30 The song is a real outpouring of emotions from the band, following the loss of Dave 😥💔 I like it, having now heard it properly 🖤

The video - well, it's powerful, but I don't get why they had to send lots of money to america for americans to make an american video which has a thoroughly depressing ending!?! :smt102

Why would a band who have always said they support the UK and Europe (and who dislike american economic influence coming over here!) not choose a UK or European company to make their music videos? It feels like selling out :smt011
I agree tho it's a bit like North Winds promo

Love the song tho but like fire and Water album
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Released on the anniversary of the atomic bomb exploded over Hiroshima too.....coincidence?
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

I cannot find anything to like about this song or the video on YouTube I’m sad to say that I think it is truly awful call it experimental or early 80s or synthpop it is by far the worse thing I’ve heard from this band in a very long time and yes I do love the stranglers I am a real fan etc etc
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

marky wrote:I cannot find anything to like about this song or the video on YouTube I’m sad to say that I think it is truly awful call it experimental or early 80s or synthpop it is by far the worse thing I’ve heard from this band in a very long time and yes I do love the stranglers I am a real fan etc etc
fair enough mate there will be better tracks on the album I'm sure that hopefully you will like
I Hate You !
porkymeat

Post by porkymeat »

aldinblack wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 19:01
marky wrote:I cannot find anything to like about this song or the video on YouTube I’m sad to say that I think it is truly awful call it experimental or early 80s or synthpop it is by far the worse thing I’ve heard from this band in a very long time and yes I do love the stranglers I am a real fan etc etc
fair enough mate there will be better tracks on the album I'm sure that hopefully you will like
Haven't we heard most of the album now? It's not looking good...
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
fourth horseman

Post by fourth horseman »

I don't mind the song, it's not shite.

But the video? got to be the cheesiest thing the band have ever put out.
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

porkymeat wrote:
aldinblack wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 19:01
Haven't we heard most of the album now? It's not looking good...
Well according to that review the likes of Water, Payday, Man on the moon have been improved. And there's White Stallion sounds interesting.
I Hate You !
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

https://philbroadhope.wixsite.com/philjohnson72/reviews

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Listened a few times now. The trumpet solo is the best part. Apeart from that it sounds like the second song I'd skip on the cd (same goes for Lines)
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

For me the song just doesn't need the trumpets,it doesn't work together with the style of the song in my view,but i do like the '80s kraftwerk that's the good bit from Baz.For me in today's charts there's one obvious one that stands right out from everything else i've heard so far from this album....WHITE STALLION! release that as your next single and see what that one does..it's their best chance of success in today's charts i think.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 22:00 For me the song just doesn't need the trumpets,it doesn't work together with the style of the song in my view,but i do like the '80s kraftwerk that's the good bit from Baz.For me in today's charts there's one obvious one that stands right out from everything else i've heard so far from this album....WHITE STALLION! release that as your next single and see what that one does..it's their best chance of success in today's charts i think.
Sir I have to disagree with you in this one, i really love the Trumpet i think it adds something more to the song, i really love this song,love the keys from Louie to. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I played the song to my girlfriend and said be honest, i won't be offended if you don't like it, my girlfriend knows nothing about The Stranglers and is alot younger than me, so her perspective is an interesting one, she's also from another country, but she is open about music, her opinion was she really liked it, but said it was dark but mellow, she also liked the sentiments of the song, I'm not trying to indoctrinate her, but she wants a Stranglers T shirt, makes a change from previous girlfriends who hated the Stranglers. Lt Kudu. :smt005