New Order

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: New Order

Post by theraven1979 »

Really into Republic at the moment kinda past me by when it originally came out. Ruined in a Day is absolutely stunning

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

theraven1979 wrote: 15 May 2021, 11:35 Really into Republic at the moment kinda past me by when it originally came out. Ruined in a Day is absolutely stunning

Jim
Yeah that's a good album.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Weird, I was just thinking earlier when responding to Cells&Plasma that I'd probably consider Republic their worst, apart from obviously "Regret" and "World" which both rule. I see the first Electronic album - which is utterly superb - as more of a follow-up to Technique than Republic. Waiting for the Sirens Call isn't great either, but if you combined the best songs from that and Lost Sirens and made the album more concise it wouldn't be bad at all.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Best albums gotta be Low Life or Power... for me
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Have to say that they didn't miss Hooky on the last album. And I really thought they would.
It's a great album but, lets face it, anyone can play the bass up on the neck and get that sound.

New live album is worth a spin too!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

jetblacksdad wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 12:44 Have to say that they didn't miss Hooky on the last album. And I really thought they would.
It's a great album but, lets face it, anyone can play the bass up on the neck and get that sound.

New live album is worth a spin too!
"People on the High Line" has a bassline that Peter Hook wouldn't be able to play in a million years.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Did anyone buy any of the extensive collection of gear Hooky was selling off? the website doesn’t indicate what was sold, but there was some serious bits of New Order history up for grabs, I wonder how that went?
I noticed a box of his punk singles being sold off, which quite naturally had some stranglers in there. Hooky is a legend as fas as I am concerned, it’s never dull watching him in interviews. I’ve never seen The Light, but their lockdown performances were very much appreciated.
I’ve not listened to a New Order recording without him yet, it’s a grey area for me and feels kinda treacherous.