DARK MATTERS!!!!!

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: DARK MATTERS!!!!!

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 14 May 2021, 21:25 Just listened to it its much better than the previous live versions that i had heard in the past.JJs vocal have improved more and he sounds more comfortable singing this great song than compared to previous early live versions of it and bazes guitar parts are better too.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Looking forward to it because of what it is - probably a swan song with a heartfelt tribute. I don't expect it to reach the heights of the glory years, but it will just be nice to hear something new.
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Christ, I'd take anything John Robb says regarding the quality of new Stranglers material with a huge pinch of salt. He's hardly going to say "I've heard a preview of the new album and it's shit" is he?
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

StanInBlack wrote: 15 May 2021, 00:00 Christ, I'd take anything John Robb says regarding the quality of new Stranglers material with a huge pinch of salt. He's hardly going to say "I've heard a preview of the new album and it's shit" is he?
True enough..but i hope i'm not going to be proved wrong here but ive a feeling this could be a good one,its been 9 years in the making which ok that means nothing but everything i've seen and heard so far connected to this album from the songs apart from Payday to the artwork does look and sound great.It could well be their swan song album only time will tell and as for the new former tribute player they've brought in to fill for the keyboard parts it might just be so they can do the gigs only and not for him as such to become the new member doing new material in the future after Daves Dark Matters who knows nobody can read the future,but as for this album i don't think its gonna be shit this could well be alongside NC as one of their best post hugh albums.. like i say i hope i'm not wrong on my hunch as i think fans are going to be happy with the end result lets hope so anyway because there is so much on the album that we havent heard yet to be honest.... so fingers crossed.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

As I've said all along, this is Dave's last recorded music - of course it will be good, and from what John Robb has said about the keyboards in it, it will be brilliant 😎👌🖤
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I will eat my hat if album isn't really good, like Stan Laurel in an film of Laurel and Hardy,I have faith in John Robb, of course he's close to the band and a fan, and wouldn't say it's shit, but on evidence of the new single and the songs they played on last tour, I think it will hold up to anything they have done, which would be a great artistic achievement, by all accounts a wide variety of Styles on album and I don't mean the Le Tosseur Harry I have no style :smt005 I'm so excited I could crush a grape. Lt Styles Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

On the evidence of the new single plus the other songs that I've heard, I'm not expecting anything earth shattering but I'm open to being surprised, and given how many new albums I listen to in a year (thanks to Spotify) it's got a lot of competition. I'm confident that all of The Stranglers defining masterpieces have already been written and recorded by this point, though.
jeanjacketburnel
Rats Rally

Post by jeanjacketburnel »

StanInBlack wrote: 15 May 2021, 00:00 Christ, I'd take anything John Robb says regarding the quality of new Stranglers material with a huge pinch of salt. He's hardly going to say "I've heard a preview of the new album and it's shit" is he?
I've been inspired by John Robb to take up music journalism.
So if I could get a copy of the new album I'll happily review it on here. :grin:
STEVE
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I have faith in this one from the boys its Daves last, we've also heard some blinding reviews already and heard some the quality and production of this albums already which i think sounds bloody good to me and hey why should'nt it be good.I reackon this could be JJs & Baz best vocals to date but the proof will be in the pudding,but also i have really noticed and taken note that as mature musicians their song writing has also matured and got that much more proffessiona no doubting that in my view,i dont want to get to carried away in front of myself but i do think people will be surprised at what will be coming i do hope so,this could well be alongside NC their best post Hugh....Heres hoping to be proved right.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 16 May 2021, 12:25, edited 2 times in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Also when it comes to tour time if they have got the right tribute player in then they could well still be putting on a hell of a show that will..DO DAVE PROUD! I'm just trying to be positive and thats what this band needs right now with things coming up now on the horizon and especially bringing in someone in new which wont be easy to help to do the shows,so i say get right behind them with no negatives, which is what people are doing in general i think anyway which is good,In 2021 the stranglers are still rocking which is quite incredible there seems to be no stopping this entity.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I seem to remember a comment I think by JR about Giants , no filler all thriller or something , when it was by and large filler IMO . Hopefully this time he is right .
All quiet ..........
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Jon the Impaler wrote:
I seem to remember a comment I think by JR about Giants , no filler all thriller or something , when it was by and large filler IMO . Hopefully this time he is right .
Agreed...Giants was all Filler..and the Atmosphere began to crackle and fizz...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk