And If You Should See Dave.....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: And If You Should See Dave.....

Post by Mathew S »

jason wrote: 15 May 2021, 06:34
Mathew S wrote: 14 May 2021, 16:12 JJ has tested positive for COVID but has no symptoms and his partner is negative. He’s also had his first vaccine and will stay in France until he gets the go ahead to travel
Wasn't he coming over to record some vocals in Japanese and French?
Yes and to record 3 songs acoustically and discuss Dark Matters for future Rat Chats
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

He said on the interview he felt fine which is a good thing.
STEVEh
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by STEVEh »

The song hasn’t made it onto Radio 2 or 6 Music’s playlists this week.

The band as of this morning are number 3 in the Apple I Tunes Rock Chart behind Noel Gallagher and Texas. They are number 40 in the overall chart.

However, that is based on sales ie people have purchased the track. On the Apple Music platform the band are not in the top 100. This is based on the number of times a track is played. In this chart one artist called J Cole has 8 of the top ten.

Noel Gallagher doesn’t feature either all of which gives a big indication of how hard it is to get in the charts these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

STEVEh wrote: 15 May 2021, 11:33 The song hasn’t made it onto Radio 2 or 6 Music’s playlists this week.

The band as of this morning are number 3 in the Apple I Tunes Rock Chart behind Noel Gallagher and Texas. They are number 40 in the overall chart.

However, that is based on sales ie people have purchased the track. On the Apple Music platform the band are not in the top 100. This is based on the number of times a track is played. In this chart one artist called J Cole has 8 of the top ten.

Noel Gallagher doesn’t feature either all of which gives a big indication of how hard it is to get in the charts these days.

How can a great song like this not make it on to their playlist? Unbelievable!!!!!
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

STEVEh wrote:The song hasn’t made it onto Radio 2 or 6 Music’s playlists this week.

Such a shame its not made those playlists, I just don't understand why a British band that's been active for so long, and has even recently lost one of the best keyboard players within the English "rock music" genre, continues to get largely ignored.

Not too many things annoy me anymore, but this pisses me off still now..

Also do you have a link to this chart as I couldn't find any trace of the song when checking "official charts"
Cheers

The song is a grower for sure, love the JJ/Baz "harmonies"..
I Hate You !
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

The chart update for the official chart will be available on Monday evening so we'll have a good idea of how things are going at that point.

Very disappointing about not getting playlisted.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

STEVEh wrote: 15 May 2021, 11:33 The song hasn’t made it onto Radio 2 or 6 Music’s playlists this week.

good info from you here thanks
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

jason wrote: 15 May 2021, 06:31
Mathew S wrote: 14 May 2021, 16:12 JJ has tested positive for COVID but has no symptoms and his partner is negative. He’s also had his first vaccine and will stay in France until he gets the go ahead to travel
I hope he's ok.
Yes he's fine, just pissed off about having to cancel his plans! It's likely the test returned a false positive - they are not 100% reliable :(
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
steinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by steinblack »

Stranglers No 1 in the iTunes rock chart :grin:
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

jason wrote: 15 May 2021, 12:31 How can a great song like this not make it on to their playlist? Unbelievable!!!!!
Let's not go overboard.As much as we all love the band and most of us seem to like the song, it isn't really mainstream material.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Ruby wrote: 15 May 2021, 16:09
jason wrote: 15 May 2021, 12:31 How can a great song like this not make it on to their playlist? Unbelievable!!!!!
Let's not go overboard.As much as we all love the band and most of us seem to like the song, it isn't really mainstream material.
Yes but there's a lot of terrible music that does get airplay!
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

It's hard for me to get stressed out about the latest Stranglers single not getting any airplay or playlisted on any radio stations when I quite literally wasn't expecting any of that stuff to happen in the first place for various reasons. It's not the sort of track that has "hit single" written all over it, and it really doesn't matter how long The Stranglers have been around, they're as far away from the mainstream as it's possible to get in 2021. They're not a "current act" and haven't been for a very long time, and they don't have the fanbase or status or clout as the likes of The Rolling Stones who in spite of being around for longer would be more likely to get playlisted by certain radio stations. I don't even have great hopes for it faring well on the official chart, and nor do I actually care. There's been a lot of records I've liked over the last 10 years or so and I couldn't tell you anything about how they fared on the chart. Chart positions just don't strike me as being anything particularly relevant.