New JJ interview French site

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Re: New JJ interview French site

Post by sendwarrior »

I really think some of you have misinterpreted JJ's comments!

Dave was struggling to play and to tour due to his health problems. Dave spoke about it in detail in the Stranglers Movie. This was reported at the time, so those who didn't see it were told about it.

There is no malice, coldness or lack of consideration in JJ's words, he's just telling us the situation as he sees it. I for one am glad he is backing the new keyboard player fully - those are very big shoes to fill for the new player - and it's good of JJ to do this publicly 🙂

It would have been a tragedy for the band to stop last May, and for us never to hear Dave's last recordings on the new album 😢 That could have happened so easily. Fortunately for us it didn't 🖤
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

theraven1979 wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 11:44 It's not really Hugh's fault they can't raise funds for the film. You'll be blaming him for the Pledge problems next lol!
It's no more the director's fault either :( However, unlike Hugh, at least he is trying to recoup the fans investment in the project!
theraven1979 wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 11:44 The film is out of date now anyway. Best to abandon it and let someone do one involving all remaining members from the start.
The majority of it isn't, but it does need updating. There is still time for Hugh, Paul and John to make their contribution and they would be welcomed 👍
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Why should Hugh try and "recoup the fans investment in the project!" ? He's stayed clear of it (and who can blame him).

Jim
sendwarrior wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 15:43
theraven1979 wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 11:44 It's not really Hugh's fault they can't raise funds for the film. You'll be blaming him for the Pledge problems next lol!
It's no more the director's fault either :( However, unlike Hugh, at least he is trying to recoup the fans investment in the project!
theraven1979 wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 11:44 The film is out of date now anyway. Best to abandon it and let someone do one involving all remaining members from the start.
The majority of it isn't, but it does need updating. There is still time for Hugh, Paul and John to have their contribution and they would be welcomed 👍
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well we all know JJ thought alot of Dave after all he was his friend for 46 years or so.I'm sure JJ is just trying under difficult cirmumstances to move forwards with the band and has just brought in a very good keyboard player and at the end of the day that is whats needed for this band to move forwards a very good player which sounds like thats what they have found,which is good news for them and its fans too.Like i say i just wish them well with them moving forwards because this band still has a lot to offer to its fans who will continue to follow them still hopefully for what sounds like a long time yet to come in a new chapter to this bands career with..... The Stranglers MK V.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:Well we all know JJ thought alot of Dave after all he was his friend for 46 years or so.I'm sure JJ is just trying under difficult cirmumstances to move forwards with the band and has just brought in a very good keyboard player and at the end of the day that is whats needed for this band to move forwards a very good player which sounds like thats what they have found,which is good news for them and its fans too.Like i say i just wish them well with them moving forwards because this band still has a lot to offer to its fans who will continue to follow them still hopefully for what sounds like a long time yet to come in a new chapter to this bands career with..... The Stranglers MK V.
Nice Post..but too many "Move Forwards"

B- could do a lot better!! ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 17:38
toilerinblack wrote:Well we all know JJ thought alot of Dave after all he was his friend for 46 years or so.I'm sure JJ is just trying under difficult cirmumstances to move forwards with the band and has just brought in a very good keyboard player and at the end of the day that is whats needed for this band to move forwards a very good player which sounds like thats what they have found,which is good news for them and its fans too.Like i say i just wish them well with them moving forwards because this band still has a lot to offer to its fans who will continue to follow them still hopefully for what sounds like a long time yet to come in a new chapter to this bands career with..... The Stranglers MK V.

So, to summarise, we must move forward. :smt006
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Caggage. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Josh wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 17:48
Cells&Plasma wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 17:38

lol yeah ok too many forwards lol....for those who still want to that is,for me nothing has changed as i will be only be getting daves last work, but for others overall it is looking good for MKV and its fans.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

toilerinblack wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 18:32
Josh wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 17:48
Cells&Plasma wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 17:38 Nice Post..but too many "Move Forwards"

lol yeah ok too many forwards lol....for those who still want to that is,for me nothing has changed as i will be only be getting daves last work, but for others overall it is looking good for MKV and its fans.
You're quite right toiler, I can see both sides of the argument. There is a lot to be positive about though.
Last edited by Josh on 30 Apr 2021, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
STEVEh
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by STEVEh »

I am sure the replacement will be very good. However, will they be able to match Dave’s creativity that produced those remarkable keyboard runs in the first place. That is Dave’s true genius.

Talking of Dave his keyboards are really to the fore on the clip of Water just put on the bands Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

STEVEh wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 19:21 However, will they be able to match Dave’s creativity that produced those remarkable keyboard runs in the first place. That is Dave’s true genius.
Yes, I fully agree. That remains to be seen, of course.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

theraven1979 wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 15:44 Why should Hugh try and "recoup the fans investment in the project!" ? He's stayed clear of it (and who can blame him).
Not saying he should, but he absolutely shouldn't be preventing it for petty reasons either! In the end it's the fans who are losing out, but Hugh obviously doesn't care about that :roll:
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤