Killing Joke

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Leversun
SHAKESPEARO

Re: Killing Joke

Post by Leversun »

Would you call that in any way heavy metal?

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Some of their stuff is a bit heavy metal I guess. Im not so keen on their really heavy stuff. Jaz has got a great voice when he actually sings!

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

jason wrote:
20 Jan 2020, 20:26
Some of their stuff is a bit heavy metal I guess. Im not so keen on their really heavy stuff. Jaz has got a great voice when he actually sings!
He has sung more on the later albums , I think in particular it was Hosanna's he screamed on most of the time . The music on that was pretty intense but I didn't see the need to scream on every song . Not sure I'd say they were heavy metal at times , possibly the description is more industrial ......a band a bit like KJ and Motorhead combined is Amebix - I quite like them , but it all seems like a bit of progression of hard core punk which I liked usually . Amebix - try Arise , that's bloody good .
All quiet ..........

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Jon the Impaler wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 21:23
jason wrote:
20 Jan 2020, 20:26
He has sung more on the later albums , I think in particular it was Hosanna's he screamed on most of the time . The music on that was pretty intense but I didn't see the need to scream on every song . Not sure I'd say they were heavy metal at times , possibly the description is more industrial ......a band a bit like KJ and Motorhead combined is Amebix - I quite like them , but it all seems like a bit of progression of hard core punk which I liked usually . Amebix - try Arise , that's bloody good .
Ok thanks John I might give them a listen. I've never really listened to Motorhead either so might give them a try as well. Going back to Jaz Coleman, his singing style went downhill imo from the Pandemonium album onwards but he has much sounded better in the last 3 albums. I'm really looking forward to the next album.

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Just seen a pic of Jet on F*c*b**k with that newish Killing Joke book, I didn’t know Jet was a fan of Killing Joke!?
Thought Jet might be more into Acker Bilk?
:grin:
Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n roll, and that

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Anyone heard of Pulphea? He's done some covers of some tracks from BTATS and it's pretty good! Just discovered it! 😊

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Coronavirus
Part of the ongoing....
The Great Cull?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPN7EvbrCp0

:?
Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n roll, and that

jason