Long & detailed Buzzcocks review @ Leeds 21.12.19.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Long & detailed Buzzcocks review @ Leeds 21.12.19.

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

They were fucking great I tell thi.
laurie
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Long & detailed Buzzcocks review @ Leeds 21.12.19.

Post by laurie »

Great review :smt001 :grin:
do you wanna
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Shush this is serious! :wink: I thought t’was a great gig. I was I’ll as always, the fcuking Crohn’s Disease always spoils my enjoyment/ life. Anyway didn’t get out of bed until 6pm but was out for 8pm via a Taxi to the Key Club in Leeds. Got straight to the front and asked the attractive and nice lass to my left if the support band had been on and she said yes, I replied great! then on walked the Buzzcocks. Great timing.

Obviously not the same without Pete and a bit strange. Gotta say Steve Diggle did a fine job and was his usual friendly self and full of energy. He did really well, Pete woulda been proud. It was a great gig and always a pleasure hearing those great punk/pop tunes. Only 1 original member now and they had added an extra guitar player to fill out the sound due to Pete not being there. I do hope Buzzcocks continue for a lot longer, imho I think Diggle has earned the right to continue as Buzzcocks.

For any fans of clothes Steve looked very smart as always in his mod gear and when he came on said he liked my haircut (a bit Weller-ish and grey/silver/white) and I thought I like your jacket! The lass next to me said fans had been discussing the said Jacket on F*c*b**k and nobody knew owt about where to buy one. So I thought I’ll ask him when he came back on for the encore and shouted Steve! Steve! and he heard me second time around and gave me a handshake and i asked where he got the jacket from, I thought it would be one of those expensive ‘Baracuta’ Harrington jackets at about £400.00 but he said “Mod Shoes’ and after a quick look on me phone I found the website and the jacket - Rally 66 Jacket By 66 Clothing in Sand with Red & Blue Stripe @ £78.00.
Not bad, I’ll have one when me Benefits come next Monday!

https://www.modshoes.co.uk/product/rall ... mod-shoes/

I’ll leave the proper reviews and set lists to the forum pros - Pigeon & Lt SAS Kudu etc.

8)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nice one - cheers Arthur - who was the additional guitarist then?

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

theraven1979 wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 09:34 Nice one - cheers Arthur - who was the additional guitarist then?

Jim
No idea Mista J, just some young fella, don’t recognise him at all. Not a bad gig to have though, piss easy songs to play, wouldn’t have minded that job myself. Don’t know what the hours are like though.
:smile:

I’m sure his name will turn up somewhere, don’t think he’ll be a full time member, just one of those ‘touring musicians/back up guitarist’ or whatever they call em.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

[I’ll leave the proper reviews and set lists to the forum pros - Pigeon & Lt SAS Kudu etc.

Great Review,I wish I had of seen them,my second Fav band along with TOH etc,of course some may say how can you continue without Pete? Pete gave

his blessing for Steve to carry on with band if he passed away,and Steve has right to continue,saw a clip on youtube and it looks great,Steve always

gives it 100%,and his voice sounded good on the Pete songs,hope they keep going? As they are still a great band.Lt Kudu on OPs in ?
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Greatkudu wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 16:21 [I’ll leave the proper reviews and set lists to the forum pros - Pigeon & Lt SAS Kudu etc.

Great Review,I wish I had of seen them,my second Fav band along with TOH etc,of course some may say how can you continue without Pete? Pete gave

his blessing for Steve to carry on with band if he passed away,and Steve has right to continue,saw a clip on youtube and it looks great,Steve always

gives it 100%,and his voice sounded good on the Pete songs,hope they keep going? As they are still a great band.Lt Kudu on OPs in ?
Yes Sir let’s hope Steve continues for many years to come, it will be a sad day when we can no longer hear these incredible punk/pop songs, some of the finest ever written. I believe Buzzcocks were once called the Punk Beatles.
Can’t agree more. 8)