Buzzcocks :: December Tour, anyone going?

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Buzzcocks :: December Tour, anyone going?

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Looks like they are continuing as a three piece with Steve Diggle taking up all the vocal duties. Yep just not gonna be the same without Pete and now only 1 original member. Can Diggle could pull it off? I do like him and his energy he gave out on stage every time I saw em and one of my fave Buzzcocks songs was written by him - ‘Harmony In My Head’, he wasn’t as a prolific writer as Pete though but anyway they are playing in Leeds on Dec 21 @ The Key Club https://www.lunatickets.co.uk/event/buz ... ub/1444298
Still contemplating on going, it’s gonna be really good or not really good!
Hoping it’s obvs gonna be good. Quite a tiny venue too which I always prefer.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Buzzcocks :: December Tour, anyone going?

Post by theraven1979 »

I've seen Diggle solo before so I might pop along. I have visions of Diggle with a lot of champagne, drunkeness, swearing and "this one's for Pete. We love you Pete".......sounds ideal :lol:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

theraven1979 wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 09:31 I've seen Diggle solo before so I might pop along. I have visions of Diggle with a lot of champagne, drunkeness, swearing and "this one's for Pete. We love you Pete".......sounds ideal :lol:

Jim
Yeah I last saw Diggle in NYC doing his solo stuff (Flag of Convenience?) before he came back on with The Buzzcocks, thought it was quite good. Think I’ll attend this gig, the Buzzcocks wrote so many great tunes and it’s been a while since I last saw em, just love their brilliant pop songs and they’ve always been in my top 6 of Stranglers, Pistols, Clash, Damned, Jam, Buzzcocks.
Think/ hope it’ll work and much better than trying to get someone else in to replace Pete.
Unless of course they get Paul Roberts in! :shock:
No! not Mr Clicky fingers :smile:
Last edited by Arthur Streeb-Greebling on 22 Nov 2019, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Will let you know if I'm going - u can buy me a beer.

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

theraven1979 wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 20:20 Will let you know if I'm going - u can buy me a beer.

Jim
Yeah sure thanks! :wink: I’ll dig into my hard earned ESA benefits!
Would be nice to meet up after all these years, I’m a bit more sociable these days, used to suffer terribly from some kinda Social Anxiety thing but I think/ hope that’s gone thank god.
8)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Sorry to hear that - yeah be good to meet up. I'll likely be pissed - not quite Steve Diggle levels but on my way I;m sure

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 20:23
theraven1979 wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 20:20 Will let you know if I'm going - u can buy me a beer.

Jim
Would be nice to meet up after all these years, I’m a bit more sociable these days, used to suffer terribly from some kinda Social Anxiety thing but I think/ hope that’s gone thank god.
8)
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

theraven1979 wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 20:39 Sorry to hear that - yeah be good to meet up. I'll likely be pissed - not quite Steve Diggle levels but on my way I;m sure

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 20:23

Jim
8)
Cheers, yeah he does like a few shandies doesn’t he? but always puts out a lot of energy for a geezer of his age, always wondered if it was amphetamine fuelled ? I know they used to be into all that big time, don’t know if they still are or not but anyway as long as they put on a good gig I’m not bothered what they stick up their nose or chuck down their gob.
:smile:

I’ll probably be a bit tipsy, don’t get too twatted these days due to financial difficulties, only had 3 pints at the recent Hugh gig at the Brudenell, actually don’t think I’ve ever been to a gig sober since I started going in 1981. Actually I tell a lie cos I was only 14 then so first few years at gigs will have been sober.