The Damned -- new album out now

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The Damned -- new album out now

Post by Lafleur »

jason wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 22:01 The beginning sounds like the Stranglers. Sounds good! Have they got another album coming out then?
Not a new studio album, but a best of compilation album with just one new song (which was recorded in May 2019).
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Lafleur wrote: 12 Oct 2019, 08:22
jason wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 22:01 The beginning sounds like the Stranglers. Sounds good! Have they got another album coming out then?
Not a new studio album, but a best of compilation album with just one new song (which was recorded in May 2019).
Thanks Lafleur.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

I quite like that song on first play, The Damned are favourites of mine.
One thing I find odd though, wouldn't you think they'd have a song called 'Black Is The Night' already!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I might /probably will get this . got most of the early era Damned stuff , but a lot of the more goth and later stuff I may not have heard . The new song is much more in their current style , defo not punk era stuff .
How many "definitive " compilations do The Stranglers have ? We haven't had one for a few years now so must be due an update of the same old stuff :grin: :grin:
All quiet ..........
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 16:12 I might /probably will get this . got most of the early era Damned stuff , but a lot of the more goth and later stuff I may not have heard . The new song is much more in their current style , defo not punk era stuff .
How many "definitive " compilations do The Stranglers have ? We haven't had one for a few years now so must be due an update of the same old stuff :grin: :grin:
I was thinking this earlier, it's going to be 2020 shortly so why don't they call it something like "Decades Apart"...
They could include one of the ten new tracks they've released this decade on it...
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

parasiteinblack wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 19:18
Jon the Impaler wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 16:12 I might /probably will get this . got most of the early era Damned stuff , but a lot of the more goth and later stuff I may not have heard . The new song is much more in their current style , defo not punk era stuff .
I was thinking this earlier, it's going to be 2020 shortly so why don't they call it something like "Decades Apart"...
They could include one of the ten new tracks they've released this decade on it...
first decade 21st century (2000-2009) --> 2 studio albums :smile:
second decade 21st century (2010-2019) --> 1 studio album :|
third decade 21st century (2020-2029) --> 0 studio album :smt013 and game over :smt010
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

parasiteinblack wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 19:18
Very soon ...very soon indeed they won't have released 10 tracks this decade . Because this decade will no longer be .
All quiet ..........
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

They've got a new single out called Keep em alive apparently!
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

jason wrote:They've got a new single out called Keep em alive apparently!
https://youtu.be/IhCuAN207KI 

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 19:40
jason wrote:They've got a new single out called Keep em alive apparently!
https://youtu.be/IhCuAN207KI 

Thanks Cells. I'm not sure if I like it or not yet though!
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

pretty good IMO

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly