Ugly
Ugly

Re: Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Post by jetblacksdad »

I have quite a few

1957 Les Paul Junior
2008 Gretsch 6120
1953 ES-295
Fender tele historic thingy - 1952 spec. Swapped for a dodgy amp - got lucky there!
SG-X - my first new gibson. Wonderful beast!
Gibson 335 - bought in USA. It's a beaut!
Ricky 330
Epihone Coronet (pre Gibson)
Guild S-60
Les Paul Special (duuno what year)

Plus some acoustics here and there and a Japanese fender precision bass

Amps - Laney 50, Blackstar 20, VOXAC30, lots of little amp things Z-Vex Nano head. That's good fun. A few pedals, mainly overrives and delays/chorus.

Basically, anything to make a racket.

Collecetd over the years, I should sell some off now I donlt gig and record but I like 'em!

Over the years I have had all sorts - I've been lucky!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

jetblacksdad wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 11:57 I have quite a few

1957 Les Paul Junior
2008 Gretsch 6120
1953 ES-295
Fender tele historic thingy - 1952 spec. Swapped for a dodgy amp - got lucky there!
Ricky 330
Guild S-60

Amps - Laney 50, Blackstar 20, VOXAC30, lots of little amp things Z-Vex Nano head. That's good fun. A few pedals, mainly overrives and delays/chorus.

Collecetd over the years, I should sell some off now I donlt gig and record but I like 'em!

How do you find the Gretsch? I've been toying with taking the plunge on one for a while. I want each of my guitars to bring em something different and I get that from my Tele and Rick copy, will the Gretsch fulfill this?
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

It's fantastic. Don't buy an electromatic one. Chinese made, they are built well but not the same. souless
My mate has a 50's one. Real deal. Mine is very different but, as he said, has it's own expression and feel. I can get somelovely warm feedback from it and it's really nicely weighted. And it puts out a fearsome roar when cranked up. You can get the soft acoustic vibe, but a nice rip when needed. Good luck!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

jetblacksdad wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 14:33 It's fantastic. Don't buy an electromatic one. Chinese made, they are built well but not the same. souless
My mate has a 50's one. Real deal. Mine is very different but, as he said, has it's own expression and feel. I can get somelovely warm feedback from it and it's really nicely weighted. And it puts out a fearsome roar when cranked up. You can get the soft acoustic vibe, but a nice rip when needed. Good luck!
Ah, you've sold it well to me there. Think I'll take the plunge soon enough. Sounds nice and versatile!
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

jetblacksdad wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 11:57 I have quite a few

1957 Les Paul Junior
2008 Gretsch 6120
1953 ES-295
Ricky 330
Guild S-60

Nice collection mate, always fancied one of those tiny Z-Vex heads thingys. 8)
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Couldn’t resist, it’s been an awful year so far so had to have another Guitar to raise ones spirits. Over the years I’ve mainly acquired Fender & Gibson but not anymore, just bought myself a ‘Vintage’ Peter Green guitar, it’s a basically a cheap copy of the Gibson Les Paul that Peter Green played in The Bluesbreakers and Fleetwood Mac then later passed onto Gary Moore for about £100 and much later on found its latest custodian - Kirk Hammett of Metallica for the cheap as chips price of $2,000,000. This guitar is a seriously cheap as chips guitar though at only £345! but I’ve gotta say it plays and feels amazing and sounds just as good as a 2k Gibson Les Paul Standard, it's even got all the marks and scuffs on the wood and hardware (‘Relic’d‘) like the original ‘Greeny’ Les Paul and even the attention to detail like the holes in the back of the headstock where the original machine heads will have been. The best thing is it’s got that outta phase middle pickup tone which sounds just like total Greeny tone heaven. It’s a beauty.

https://www.jhs.co.uk/brands/vintage/vi ... lemon-drop

https://www.thaliacapos.com/blogs/blog/ ... e-les-paul
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Glad they got your custom 2-string model in Arthur. Imagine how you'll sound playing Duchess on that :lol:

Jim
PR2015BI10309_V100MRPGM_VINTAGE_ICON_SERIES_DISTRESSED_LEMON_DROP_IMD_2.jpg
PR2015BI10309_V100MRPGM_VINTAGE_ICON_SERIES_DISTRESSED_LEMON_DROP_IMD_2.jpg (22.65 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 02:24 Couldn’t resist, it’s been an awful year so far so had to have another Guitar to raise ones spirits. Over the years I’ve mainly acquired Fender & Gibson but not anymore, just bought myself a ‘Vintage’ Peter Green guitar, it’s a basically a cheap copy of the Gibson Les Paul that Peter Green played in The Bluesbreakers and Fleetwood Mac then later passed onto Gary Moore for about £100 and much later on found its latest custodian - Kirk Hammett of Metallica for the cheap as chips price of $2,000,000. This guitar is a seriously cheap as chips guitar though at only £345! but I’ve gotta say it plays and feels amazing and sounds just as good as a 2k Gibson Les Paul Standard, it's even got all the marks and scuffs on the wood and hardware (‘Relic’d‘) like the original ‘Greeny’ Les Paul and even the attention to detail like the holes in the back of the headstock where the original machine heads will have been. The best thing is it’s got that outta phase middle pickup tone which sounds just like total Greeny tone heaven. It’s a beauty.

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

theraven1979 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 14:48 Glad they got your custom 2-string model in Arthur. Imagine how you'll sound playing Duchess on that :lol:

Jim

PR2015BI10309_V100MRPGM_VINTAGE_ICON_SERIES_DISTRESSED_LEMON_DROP_IMD_2.jpg
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 02:24 Couldn’t resist, it’s been an awful year so far so had to have another Guitar to raise ones spirits. Over the years I’ve mainly acquired Fender & Gibson but not anymore, just bought myself a ‘Vintage’ Peter Green guitar, it’s a basically a cheap copy of the Gibson Les Paul that Peter Green played in The Bluesbreakers and Fleetwood Mac then later passed onto Gary Moore for about £100 and much later on found its latest custodian - Kirk Hammett of Metallica for the cheap as chips price of $2,000,000. This guitar is a seriously cheap as chips guitar though at only £345! but I’ve gotta say it plays and feels amazing and sounds just as good as a 2k Gibson Les Paul Standard, it's even got all the marks and scuffs on the wood and hardware (‘Relic’d‘) like the original ‘Greeny’ Les Paul and even the attention to detail like the holes in the back of the headstock where the original machine heads will have been. The best thing is it’s got that outta phase middle pickup tone which sounds just like total Greeny tone heaven. It’s a beauty.

That’s sooooooooo brilliant!
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 14:48 Glad they got your custom 2-string model in Arthur. Imagine how you'll sound playing Duchess on that :lol:

Jim
:smt005 :smt005
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Excellent!
The Chuckle Brothers strike again!
:lol:
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:Excellent!
To me...to you....lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Cells&Plasma wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 21:41
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:Excellent!
To me...to you....lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yes indeed.
:smile: