New PUNK doc series on Sky Arts

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

New PUNK doc series on Sky Arts

Post by MiB81 »

I realise the ongoing irony in posting about a PUNK doc in the Other Bands section (No mention
of the Strangs that I noticed, but still to watch the whole thing), but that New PUNK doc series
on Sky Arts the other night- what's with Johnny Rotten ? :shock:
Good wee night of tele it was, Iggy/Stooges, Ramones, that recent Damned doc, etc.
Got it all on the Tivo 8)
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Russ65
Rats Rally

Re: New PUNK doc series on Sky Arts

Post by Russ65 »

I know what you mean about Lydon. I thought it was a fat lookalike at first :shock:
I had to smile when they spoke about The Ramones doing the 4th July gig and all the punk bands were in the front row Pistols, Clash, Damned etc no mention of the fact that The Stranglers were actually the support act that night. :roll:
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

I enjoyed the night, despite the stranglers being ignored.

Listening to lydon I can see why glen Matlock doesn't want to spend time on a tour bus with him.
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

On the Clash doc beforehand at least Matlock mentioned them as one of the only three pub rock bands worth seeing! Along with Dr Feelgood and the 101ers ... small mercy. But then again, true..... the Stranglers were establishing themselves separately from the Kings Road art school movement and had nothing to do with that lot.
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I recorded it, yet to watch it, John lydon, does seem a little outspoken, have you all seen the video of Johnny Rotten, VS Micky Ramone? it's on you tube, Henry Rollins is also a guest on the show,lydon certainly doesn't hold back on that, but i have yet to see the punk doc will watch it tomorrow.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

pigeon wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 22:31 I recorded it, yet to watch it, John lydon, does seem a little outspoken, have you all seen the video of Johnny Rotten, VS Micky Ramone? it's on you tube, Henry Rollins is also a guest on the show,lydon certainly doesn't hold back on that, but i have yet to see the punk doc will watch it tomorrow.
It's not so much his gob, that's not changed, it's just he looked massive
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
porkymeat

Post by porkymeat »

MiB81 wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 17:49
pigeon wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 22:31 I recorded it, yet to watch it, John lydon, does seem a little outspoken, have you all seen the video of Johnny Rotten, VS Micky Ramone? it's on you tube, Henry Rollins is also a guest on the show,lydon certainly doesn't hold back on that, but i have yet to see the punk doc will watch it tomorrow.
It's not so much his gob, that's not changed, it's just he looked massive
He has a chronic illness of some kind. Looking after his wife, I think she has dementia, has also affected his health.
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I haven't seen this but I did see a photo of him looking a tad portly a few months back . Steriods can do that if he's taking them for an illness.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
laurie

Post by laurie »

theraven1979 wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 20:10 I haven't seen this but I did see a photo of him looking a tad portly a few months back . Steriods can do that if he's taking them for an illness.

Jim
So can to much butter
do you wanna
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Only saw the interview with Rotten, Mckagan, Rollins, L7 woman, Ramone a few weeks ago. Mr Rotten was on form as usual, really funny watching him take piss out of the Ramones fella - “Syrup! Heavy Metal Reject, Not even an original member, Cunt!”
:smile:

Always liked Rottens sense of humour, a great wind up merchant which people tend to forget, a nice bloke underneath all that Rotten behaviour! I do laugh though that his mate John Rambo is always just a couple of feet away from him incase it kicks off and Johnny needs rescuing. John Rambo is his old mate and also his hairdresser, manager and minder (stood far right next to the L7 woman)
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

I like a bit of John Lydon myself, going to see hime on his upcoming 'talk' tour .... gonna try and ask I'm if he remembers the Dingwalls incident.... did JJ ever mention that :lol:
"On one side were the Pistols, the Clash, the Ramones and a load of their journalist friends. On the other side was us, a few of our fans and me, nose to nose with Paul. Dave [Greenfield, Stranglers keyboards] had John Lydon up against the ice-cream van.”"
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Homer wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 20:07 I like a bit of John Lydon myself, going to see hime on his upcoming 'talk' tour .... gonna try and ask I'm if he remembers the Dingwalls incident.... did JJ ever mention that :lol:
"On one side were the Pistols, the Clash, the Ramones and a load of their journalist friends. On the other side was us, a few of our fans and me, nose to nose with Paul. Dave [Greenfield, Stranglers keyboards] had John Lydon up against the ice-cream van.”"
Cheers for that Homer, I had no idea Mr Lydon, aka Mr Rotten-Burger was doing this tour.
Tickets are pricey and mostly sold out by the looks of it though, fook.

It would be great to ask him about his non friendship/ relationship with The Stranglers but it will be the same old bollocks, slagging em off etc. He likes em really but doesn’t want to back down and admit it. Steve Jones is a Stranglers fan too, he sez so in his excellent autobiography ‘Lonely Boy’.

It was deffo Dag Dave who slammed Mr Rotten up against the van, the story about Dave doing it is clearly a JJ wind up, it’s gotta be innit? :lol: