the only thing I can remember is Korg

now that sounded really good
See You At The Bar
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Dave's gear through time

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Damian wrote: 25 May 2018, 09:25 Keep meaning to post a larger article/opinion about this.
Please do.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 26 May 2018, 07:53£200 isn't a lot to pay for something these days , I would think double that and you get far better
Would changing the keyboards themselves make all that much difference to the sounds, if all they do is control rack-mounted synths? Surely a block of keys is a block of keys, it just needs to be reliable (!) and feel right to the player?
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Certainly the richness of sound has gone,nothing to beat the old analogue sounds.But getting off tread it's the same with drums,older drum kits

sound better due to the wood used for shells now and the way they are produced.I think after 1983 the keyboard sound went down hill,but it's Daves

choice Yes Nord are great and they even do a new Hammond.Sometimes the keyboards sound better from gig to gig,but like someone said,none of

the Keyboards play a note on their own now as It's all put through a Midi system,hence The Roundhouse break down in 2007.