Steve Diggle "Inner Space Times"

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Steve Diggle "Inner Space Times"

Post by Greatkudu »

A few day's ago I ordered Steve Diggle's latest album (he is the co frontman in The Buzzcock's and guitarist in case you didn't know?)

Well I have to say a really good album,I have a previous solo album of his and that was good,but his latest one is a great piece of work IMHO,it's a lot

mellower then The Buzzcock's and not as fast paced,but if it was the same it would be pointless,there is only one song that sounds like The Buzzcock's

and its a gem of a song called "Kaleidoscope Girl" typical Diggle lyric,his lyrics are very oddball and he seems to love using the word "Mind" but I love

his voice and the album is a real grower,Chris Remmington Buzzcock's Bass player is on it and can't remember the drummers name but he is solid.

Every song is pretty good and he has something to say,there is an acoustic version with Piano of "Sick City Sometimes" from a Buzzcock's album around 2003.

I know Steve Diggle sometimes goes over the top live (ie to much booze) but the last few times I have seen him he has reduced it a bit? If you like The

Buzzcock's and Steve Diggle,you will enjoy this album,just great to hear something new,I hear he is touring solo later in year,he isn't leaving Buzzcock's

but a change is as good as a rest.And he wrote on of my fav songs ever "Harmony in My Head".Check it out.Captain Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Steve Diggle "Inner Space Times"

Post by theraven1979 »

Sounds good - I saw him do a solo gig a couple of years back - very chilled compared to Buzzcocks stuff.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

He's always bollocksed and moaning about Pete Shelley isn't he? I heard that he gets flyers handed out at gigs saying "Steve Diggle wrote some of the songs too!"
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jetblacksdad wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 10:40 He's always bollocksed and moaning about Pete Shelley isn't he? I heard that he gets flyers handed out at gigs saying "Steve Diggle wrote some of the songs too!"
He gets's on fine with Pete Shelley,they do bicker but its yin and Yang,when I bumped into them back in July they were happily drinking together.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 20:07 Sounds good - I saw him do a solo gig a couple of years back - very chilled compared to Buzzcocks stuff.

Jim
He is doing a solo tour later in the year with his band,should be good.
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

Think I have all his solo records.

Saw Buzzcocks in a village hall in July. (Uppermill)
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Five Minutes wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 19:27 Think I have all his solo records.

Saw Buzzcocks in a village hall in July. (Uppermill)
Was the sound any good? Their live sound let's them down a bit.
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

^^^^^It was a bit crap actually.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop