WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

SmallPaul
Rats Rally

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by SmallPaul »

Lords Of The New Church.

Kind of passed me by, back in the day, but some really good stuff.

Paul
SmallPaul
Rats Rally

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by SmallPaul »

The Members - The Virgin Years

IMHO, The Members were/are very underrated, despite some (limited) chart success. The Virgin Years is a box set of their first 2 albums, Peel sessions, a BBC In Concert and some demos. Nice collection.

Paul
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

SmallPaul wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 08:58 The Members - The Virgin Years

IMHO, The Members were/are very underrated, despite some (limited) chart success. The Virgin Years is a box set of their first 2 albums, Peel sessions, a BBC In Concert and some demos. Nice collection.

Paul
I have always loved The Members.

JC Carroll is a friend of mine and I put on a few of his shows when he first started touring again (as 'JC & The Disciples) in 2009.
I was then lucky enough to become The Members tour driver when they reformed a year later
I did several tours of the UK and Europe including when they had Rat Scabies drumming. Great times visiting places I'd never have been able to afford to go to if my expenses hadn't been paid; Prague, Paris, Berlin, Zagreb, Rennes, Montpellier, Monte Carlo, Milan, Telemark, Vienna, Marseille, Kiev, Dublin, Amsterdam, The Hague, Eindhoven, ... and lots of places in the UK that I'd never visited before.

That compilation is very good but slightly incomplete in that it only includes 1 song from the Andy Peebles Radio Session but it was probably versions of songs already included as part of the John Peel Radio Sessions.
There's also a rather good bootleg of a 1979 show at the Old Waldorf in San Francisco which the original recorder made available on YouTube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGCle3kQv8M
ManInBrown
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat »

I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
SmallPaul
Rats Rally

Post by SmallPaul »

Rockula wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 10:08
SmallPaul wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 08:58 The Members - The Virgin Years

Paul
I have always loved The Members.

JC Carroll is a friend of mine and I put on a few of his shows when he first started touring again (as 'JC & The Disciples) in 2009.
I was then lucky enough to become The Members tour driver when they reformed a year later
I did several tours of the UK and Europe including when they had Rat Scabies drumming. Great times visiting places I'd never have been able to afford to go to if my expenses hadn't been paid; Prague, Paris, Berlin, Zagreb, Rennes, Montpellier, Monte Carlo, Milan, Telemark, Vienna, Marseille, Kiev, Dublin, Amsterdam, The Hague, Eindhoven, ... and lots of places in the UK that I'd never visited before.

That compilation is very good but slightly incomplete in that it only includes 1 song from the Andy Peebles Radio Session but it was probably versions of songs already included as part of the John Peel Radio Sessions.
There's also a rather good bootleg of a 1979 show at the Old Waldorf in San Francisco which the original recorder made available on YouTube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGCle3kQv8M
Thanks for the link Rockula, really enjoyed that. Superb quality.

Cheers
Paul
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Been getting into some US bands that ive overlooked previously:
The debut album by Fidlar is a blinder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_JR08SRRA0
and then Bass Drum Of Death.
[urlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75OkZUMgyd8][/url]
just hanging around
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

The classic Nuggets compilation

8) 8) 8) 8)
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Paul Draper ex lead singer from Mansun has a great new single out called The things people want.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by Boody »

Pop will eat itself - anti nasty league. The poppies are also an incendiary live act.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
SmallPaul
Rats Rally

Post by SmallPaul »

Killing Joke - Ha

Absolutely love this - brilliant live tracks from 1982, shame that there's only 6 of them. Do good quality versions exist of the full gig, or gigs as I believe that they did 2 consecutive nights. If anyone could enlighten me, I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

Paul
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

Been listening to Donny and Marie Osmond's Greatest Hits, singing along to Paper Roses.