Ugly

Re: Rap Music

Post by StanInBlack » 06 May 2017, 15:13

*ticks "casual racism" off the checklist*

sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat » 08 May 2017, 23:10

to be fair...the topic was rap and UB40 are reggae....still pish tho.

StanInBlack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by StanInBlack » 09 May 2017, 00:20

sewer rat wrote:
06 May 2017, 00:10
the spooks have a couple of good toons but yeah, I'm with you....rap is shit....do you know what's worse....white people trying to imitate it. Eminem and professor green are the two worst offenders....actually, they may be the only white guys doing rap.
^ Not too hard to glean what the subtext is here.

sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat » 09 May 2017, 12:17

seems the whole rap topic is being deemed as racist here folks. didn't you know that we should LOVE ALL music and never speak of that which annoys us.....ed sheeran anyone?

MULLY
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by MULLY » 09 May 2017, 12:49

Ah, the ageing process, where people turn into their parents - with cries off "That ain't bloody music... why don't they play some proper tunes..etc"

Personally, I quite like a bit of old school NWA, Ice-T, fuck even some Cyprus Hill pounding away. A killer sample with some killer rhymes - express yourself!! Take another hit from the bong and chillax people

With all things - I might not particularly subscribe to being a fan of the genre, but I can spot a toon - listen and like without stating it is all crap (with a silent C LOL).

Same as heavy metal (or even jazz) - wouldn't say I'm a fan, but again there are some killer tracks from both genres.

S'pose it's all about personal tastes at the end of the day - no-one is right or wrong!!

Although i do tend to be right moreoften than not :) LOL
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better

StanInBlack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by StanInBlack » 09 May 2017, 14:42

sewer rat wrote:
09 May 2017, 12:17
seems the whole rap topic is being deemed as racist here folks.
Well, as anyone with a pair of functioning eyes and reasonable comprehension skills will no doubt be able to recognise, I did not quote the whole topic.

Let's just break that post down again for you:

"Rap is shit" = This isn't really an offensive statement in and of itself, everyone has differing tastes and not everybody likes the same thing. However, let's go on to look at the reasoning behind the statement.

"Do you know what's worse" = Yes, go on, what is worse than rap music...

"White people trying to imitate it" = A-ha! Yes, rap music is very much rooted in black music and is therefore considered to be a black art form. How dare the white man debase himself by trying to imitate a black music form! What tosh.
sewer rat wrote:
didn't you know that we should LOVE ALL music and never speak of that which annoys us.....ed sheeran anyone?
Nobody likes ALL music. However, most people dislike a form of music because they don't enjoy the sound of it, rather than anything to do with the races of the people creating it.

StanInBlack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by StanInBlack » 09 May 2017, 14:44

MULLY wrote:
09 May 2017, 12:49
Ah, the ageing process, where people turn into their parents - with cries off "That ain't bloody music... why don't they play some proper tunes..etc"

Personally, I quite like a bit of old school NWA, Ice-T, fuck even some Cyprus Hill pounding away. A killer sample with some killer rhymes - express yourself!! Take another hit from the bong and chillax people

With all things - I might not particularly subscribe to being a fan of the genre, but I can spot a toon - listen and like without stating it is all crap (with a silent C LOL).

Same as heavy metal (or even jazz) - wouldn't say I'm a fan, but again there are some killer tracks from both genres.

S'pose it's all about personal tastes at the end of the day - no-one is right or wrong!!

Although i do tend to be right moreoften than not :) LOL
Excellent post! :smt023

dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer » 09 May 2017, 16:04

This is an awesome piece of Rap music, just take Mr Rascal out of the picture!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_0QizlG7Rs

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool » 09 May 2017, 16:59

sewer rat wrote:
seems the whole rap topic is being deemed as racist here folks. didn't you know that we should LOVE ALL music and never speak of that which annoys us.....ed sheeran anyone?

Ed who :?: :smt017

Bag Lady
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Bag Lady » 09 May 2017, 17:20

ThruBeingCool wrote:
09 May 2017, 16:59
sewer rat wrote:

Ed who :?: :smt017
Hope this thread isn't going to descend into gingerism.
No one can win against kipple.

sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat » 10 May 2017, 15:40

sorry, but I'm sticking to my guns here....white people shouldn't rap....and I'm including the bit of rap/hip-hop in Blondie's' Rapture....totally spoils the song for me. used to have the album Autoamerican and when rapture came on, I listened to the song but took the needle off before the rap started

StanInBlack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by StanInBlack » 10 May 2017, 17:40

Ah, so you are actually racist, then.