56 hours a week

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

56 hours a week

Post by PaulinLondon »

I normally try and aim for 8 hours sleep a night.

So, according to my very old Casio calculator, that equates to 56 hours a week.

How about you ?

:smt069
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: 56 hours a week

Post by elvisintheclouds »

PaulinLondon wrote:I normally try and aim for 8 hours sleep a night.

So, according to my very old Casio calculator, that equates to 56 hours a week.

How about you ?

:smt069
56 would be the ideal agreed...
Not always possible bit definitely the target!
Thank you very much
EiTC
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

i'm in bed before 2 am thesedays, is this what happens when you get to your mid thirties?. I would say i sleep 5 hours a night solid, then the pee wake up is usually very annoying as i can't fully get back to sleep, then the alarm clock goes off. 56 hours is way too much. 45 hours sleep is a good week. Bloody pee wake ups then when theres someone in the toilet already you have to like wait an age for them to finish.
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

you sure you're in your mid thirties....ye sound like ma fkn granddad mate.....the best way to garauntee a good night sleep is to hava a wank first....never fails. always best to wait till the wife drops off first tho ha ha ha
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

pigeon wrote:Bloody pee wake ups
You should consult a doctor.
No one can win against kipple.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

Bag Lady wrote:
pigeon wrote:Bloody pee wake ups
You should consult a doctor.
I agree.
pigeon wrote:i'm in bed before 2 am thesedays, is this what happens when you get to your mid thirties?. I would say i sleep 5 hours a night solid, then the pee wake up is usually very annoying as i can't fully get back to sleep, then the alarm clock goes off. 56 hours is way too much. 45 hours sleep is a good week. Bloody pee wake ups then when theres someone in the toilet already you have to like wait an age for them to finish.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
euromanc-ometh
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Wish I could get 56 hours of sleep a week but I'm too light a sleeper so a rat fart from 100 yards away would wake me up :P .

Sleep has always been based on work times and job requirements but I always tried to get to bed at regular time, midnight-ish, except on Fridays & Saturdays of course. Being single and on the pull in those days always had a bearing on my night-time activity too of course :wink:

I probably get 5-6 hours of kip each night on average which isn't bad at all but I know i'm getting old as I'm on tablets for low thyroxine levels even though I do plenty of exercise and have decent energy level.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I average 5-6 also . Fine on it. Would probably feel knackered on any more.

Jim

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

jesus Christ you guys....ever heard the saying..."you'll get plenty sleep when your dead?"......
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

sewer rat wrote:you sure you're in your mid thirties....ye sound like ma fkn granddad mate.....the best way to garauntee a good night sleep is to hava a wank first....never fails. always best to wait till the wife drops off first tho ha ha ha
:smt005
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

sewer rat wrote:jesus Christ you guys....ever heard the saying..."you'll get plenty sleep when your dead?"......
Yep, also heard 'I'll sleep when I die'. Thing is though, you won't, you'll die and you won't feel knackered, energetic or anything :D

Fatigue is a fucker so if you deprive yourself of sleep deliberately for the sake of being a 'get up & go' type, you'll regret it. That ain't being old it's being sensible. Only psycho's need 4 hours max sleep on a night ie Maggie Thatcher :lol:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

Bobinblack wrote:
sewer rat wrote:jesus Christ you guys....ever heard the saying..."you'll get plenty sleep when your dead?"......
Yep, also heard 'I'll sleep when I die'. Thing is though, you won't, you'll die and you won't feel knackered, energetic or anything :D

Fatigue is a fucker so if you deprive yourself of sleep deliberately for the sake of being a 'get up & go' type, you'll regret it. That ain't being old it's being sensible. Only psycho's need 4 hours max sleep on a night ie Maggie Thatcher :lol:
Don't know if you've read any James Kelman, Bob, but he has a character in The Bus Conducter Hines who is so overtired he thinks he wouldn't mind being dead, "As long as I could wake up every now and then and appreciate I was getting a fucking rest."