Withnail and I

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

sewer rat
Rats Rally

Withnail and I

Post by sewer rat »

is anyone else on board with me when i say that, Withnail and I, is probably one of the best films ever. in this day and age of the 're-make'....i hope to god that some Hollywood twat doesn't decide to re-do this perfect movie. probably cast Jason Statham as Withnail and Idris Elba as 'I'.
for me...the funniest scene is in the pub before they head off to see I's uncle (derek griffiths). when the irish guy calls I a ponce, Withnail turns round and says, with his mouth full of food, "what fucker said that!". it's his face when he claps eyes on the dude. he plays a drunk brilliantly and apparently is tee-total.
my other favourite scene is back in the police station after being arrested for D&D. the cop pulls the screen back only to catch withnail with the home made piss bottle. his expression is priceless

classic line #1...."we've come on holiday by mistake"
classic line #2...."if i medicine you, you'll think a bvain tumour is a birvday pvesent"

....cult movies should be left as they are and not tampered with
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Withnail and I

Post by theraven1979 »

Monty you terrible cunt!

Jim

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

"I call it a Camberwell Carrot because I come from Camberwell and it looks like a carrot!" :smt033
Bernie
Something better change!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Good film, probably in my top 200 if I had one :P
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

Bobinblack wrote:Good film, probably in my top 200 if I had one :P
Ha ha! Nice one, same here.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
euromanc-ometh
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

things are bad when your rubbing deep heat all over yourself just to stay warm....superb. films just aren't being made like that these days....it's all about re-hashes or superheroes now. even 'genre' movies are starting to rip the arse out of it...you get one 'found footage' movie and within a month there's another half dozen been made and they all have the same story running through them. i do understand that writing a screenplay must be hard and can consume your life but, jumping on bandwagons is a pure cop-out. me and the wife went through the movies on front row on sunday and, no joke, every second movie was about fkn zombies. if i want to watch zombies....i'll tune into eastenders.
has anyone read the book ADDICT by Stephen Smith. his true story about a life on drugs and alcohol. superb book. it was meant to be getting the movie treatment but it seems to have fallen through. pity, that would've been really good. may have had to do the film in two parts though as there's a lot to cover.
i feel the same way about classic horror movies...Frankenstein, The Mummy, Dracula etc....they're being fucked about with too much now. i mean...the mummy should be terrorising people draped in bandages...frankenstein should be a 6ft+ mute with a flat head...dracula should be transylvanian with slicked back hair....the only film from that genre that i do think was done well was The Wolfman. if you're going to re-make these films i'd like to see the main characters kept like the originals.....i'm off to lye in a dark room now
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

I have never heard of this film before.
But when i get a chance i will get it and watch it.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

mickinblack wrote:I have never heard of this film before.
But when i get a chance i will get it and watch it.
Its absolutely brilliant . Well acted and written , its like a forerunner to Bottom ( the series) - two people who just bum around all day , well worth a watch - one of my all time favourite comedies .
All quiet ..........
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

It's weird because I LOVE Bottom, but withnail was a bit meh!!

Maybe I need to see it again to check it out
Black Leather Jacket
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Black Leather Jacket »

Derek Griffiths lol. http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory/derek-griffiths

You mean Richard Griffiths!

Anyway. Great film. Are you the farmer? Stop saying that. Of course he's the fucking farmer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRTpwyNGT6w
Home is a black leather jacket
Fitting sweetly to my brain!
jaydee1964

Post by jaydee1964 »

"yes we'll buy this place and we'll install a ducking jukebox in here and liven all you stiffs up a bit " ......the best outtake ever left in a film . Love this film full stop .chin chin

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
jaydee1964

Post by jaydee1964 »

Fucking jukebox

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."