Muse tonight

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Muse tonight

Post by pigeon »

Drones World tour at 02 arena, which is a good album i own by them not topped my favourite album of theirs "Absoloution"
never seen them before £29 for a ticket up in the Gods. Anyone else going?
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Muse tonight

Post by Rockula »

Nope.
My wife loves them.
I think they're pretty good.

But....the 02.....no thanks.
ManInBrown
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Don't forget the ear-plugs.
And a good book.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I think 'Absolution' and 'Black Holes & Revelations' are good records, but I think they're definitely past their peak now.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I was a bit disappointed with Drones.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Last night was a very entertaining night. Muse certainly know how to put on the show. As my ticket stated i was up in the gods. We had Drones as part of the stage set not real ones like but pretend ones. The Stage was in the round and it rotated.Lights out at 8.45 and a spectacular light display of "Drones" filled the arena, as they rotated for the intro which is infact the outro of the album. There was one minute where i thought we had reached the end and we were going to be destryoed by one of Muses Drones as there was roughly 12 of them and they all allinged as one.

Thankfully though we all survived as the members of Muse took to the stage, the crowd went wild. I pretty much knew every song they did as i own 5 of their albums. But my favourite song was "Citezen Errassed" which was truley brilliant. They played a lot of songs from the latest album "Drones" and started of with the single "Physcho",which has an very catchy riff and the video to the song was playing on the screen, was like watching You tube. "Dead inside" up next i do like this song but much prefer "Defecter" from the album "Drones". Up next much Feedback from Mr Bellamys guitar,as prooved over the night he does love his getar feedback and throwing it up in the air he is a guitar hero. Then the classic "Plug in Baby" got the crowd rocking. I was with what would be a group of teenagers and one of them said to me that this was his first gig.

Muse are clearly no strangers to Arena rock as they have the auidence in the palm of their hands,and theres no going to the toilet from tracks from the new album which they didnt like as proved to be for the next song "Killing fields" from the "Drones" album. It did go a bit quiet for that but they followed it with another classic "Hysteria". They contiuned on with songs from the famous "Black holes And revelations" album the supurb "Super Massive Black Hole" & "Starlight".

Entering the album i didnt really like but bought 2009s "The Resistance" they played "Desires", then a string of catchy singles "Time is Running out", and "Uprising". Then the supurb and highlight "Citizen Errased". I believe they played "Stockholm Syndrome" But i am not to sure but i know they finished of with the bouncy "Knights of Cyndior". Very very good and well worth seeing
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Not my fave band, but thanks for the review.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

Thanks Pige... I like Muse. Went to see them a while back at Wembley with the kids but I had to take the young daughter home as the volume was ridiculously loud and I feared for her internal organs.
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Thanks Dom

As i enjoyed Monday night so much i thought i want a bit more of this, so the only other night i could make was Thursday night after work. So at 5pm i went over to the 02 to enquire on ticket prices £84 :shock:. I said thanks to the ticket office i made my way outside,with 22% left of my phone battery i quickly checked Viagogo a resale ticket appeard for £32 in the same place that the 02 arena were charging £84 for in VIP seating so it looked to be a much better view than i got on Monday night, so i immediantly snapped it up with the added service charges it came to £44. The 02 were charging twice as much for the same ticket.

So once i printed my ticket at the Viagoogo print out point shop, i almost fainted when i saw it said £84, but i realsied when i got home that i bought a resale ticket and only £44 went out of my account. Time for a Subway. A 6 inch italian wrap with a drink of Water. I make my way into the arena to catch support act again Phantongram who are very good. They are a little bit like Muse, good songs and a very good rythem section. Phantomgram are a band from New York who Muse Specifically invited out for this tour. Phantomgram are a 4 piece. Must check them out a bit more.

Time for Muse again, The lights go down and the Drones intro music comes into the sound system, a Drone light show fills the arena. This Arena rock lark The Stranglers should give it a go one day, its like the band are playing in an open top UFO with all kinds of lazers, and 3D projectory,with a story of Good and Evil, you would think that good always wins these battles, but i think The Drones won in this instance, and they are Muse.
Drill call and the first song of the night "Physcho", it's big riff fills the place with Guitarist and singer, Matthew Bellemy throwing it around the place like a man on a mission. "Reapers" shortley follows two songs from the supurb new "Drones" album out last year. Nows the time to suprise the fans in the auidence "Bliss" from 2002s "Origins of Symatrey" sees 30 something's on their feet for this one. Including me,Muse roleing back the years. This song was big on the college stereo in the common, played by me ofcourse, trying to defer the Americanised students of mine like for the big hitters of that year Linkin Park, Papa Roach and Slipknot. As the 34 year old me, relived the college years i stand correct as it Muse who are playing 5 nights at the 02 where are Linkin park and Papa Roach now i ask you??. A step into the present now "Dead inside" one of my favourites from the new album "Drones" i remain on my feet, these olide contemparies of mine are physically done. Years of watching the MIB pay off here i suppose. Stamina is what 50 somethings have over people in my own age bracket it seems.

"Dead inside" has a great beat to it aswell. "Reisitance" up next an album i didnt particularly like that much. And now for the album i didnt buy "The Second law isolated system", seeing it live i can see why i didn't buy it. After the commercial faliure of "The Resistance" Muse it seems were making fun of themselves on this one.
Muse quickly step it up with another one from the great "Drones" album, and "The Handler". Now the new songs have had a fair hit of the setlist time to give the auidence a little something who are not as die hard as the people down front "Super Massive Black hole" from the simply brilliant album "Black holes And Revelations". Everyone is up on their feet for this song, as on Monday "Black Holes" seems to be a fan favourite album,and for me too. They jam on Jimi Hendrix Voodo child after this which i reckonise. "Prelude" next which can only mean one thing "Starlight", the singalong time of the evening dedicated to "Sarah" a fan. The auidence creshendos into "Our hopes and expectations, Black Holes and Revelations" as all good Arena rock does. Too think i use to knock it, this is brilliant stuff. "Apocolypse Please", "Munich Jam", and "Madness" follow. Now time for feedback from Matt Bellamys guitar "Plug in Baby" up next and yes 30 somethings up on their feet again, as this give the set the much needed urgance it needs. After this matt goes into "Sweet child of mine" from Guns N Roses. "JFK" up next the text appears from the album on screens like a manic undercover Mi5 agent reveleing the truth about everything, that the government seal everything regarding UFOs and the like, and for this Muse Spaceship US bomber balloon proceeds to do a lap of the 02. This is bloody brilliant, however it doesnt reach our side, as it deflates half way round oh well. Now its time for another favourite of mine "Absoloution" section and the brillant "Assasian" Belleamy appearing on a rising piano. The Drummer and Bassplayer are doing a great job throughout the show keeping a tight rythem section. now for the hits section "Time is Running out", and "Uprising" then the show ender "Drones" where they come down again. God this is good theatre. 2 more to go "Mercy" and "Knights of Cyndior" jolly good Muse Bravo
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

Saw them in Glasgow tonight.

Incredible show, incredible band, Matt Bellamy is near-genius.

On a whole different planet from what the Stranglers do.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

What Suprises did they play in Glasgow?

Yes on a totally different playing field to The Stranglers, in a way i'm glad they never made it that big though.

Can't stop listening to my Drones CD now!.
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

pigeon wrote:What Suprises did they play in Glasgow?

Yes on a totally different playing field to The Stranglers, in a way i'm glad they never made it that big though.

Can't stop listening to my Drones CD now!.
The biggest surprise was Munich Jam with Chris and Dom being joined by a lone bagpiper and a troupe of very fetching Scottish Highland Country Dancers. ( Like a Scottish 'Riverdance', but with the girls wearing fewer clothes!) Matt bounced back onstage at the end waving a Saltire flag. Sounds a bit surreal, but, like everything else, it worked.

From OoS they played Plug in Baby and Feeling Good ( complete with megaphone) but not Citizen Erased. Like you, pigeon, I think it's an amazing song, my favourite Muse track.

I know what you mean about The Stranglers. I can't even imagine them playing shows this big. Not that I'd want to. Much as I loved Muse the other night, I'd swap the experience for seeing The Stranglers in a pub.

Yep, I've been battering Drones too. It's actually a much better album than I thought it was after the first few listens.