FACEBOOK - 'don't like'.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: FACEBOOK - 'don't like'.

Post by pigeon »

I like Facebook, Good to find out about Bands you like,upcoming gigs, and the app that has recentley emmerged this week, How many hours have you spent on facebook this year? Up to yesterday this year i have spent 1357 hours on Facebook.
Stevie.T-'up north'
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' »

pigeon wrote:I like Facebook, Good to find out about Bands you like,upcoming gigs, and the app that has recentley emmerged this week, How many hours have you spent on facebook this year? Up to yesterday this year i have spent 1357 hours on Facebook.
That works out to be 4.7 hours a day! Add the remaining 76 days left in the year and that equates to 1720 hours per year, or 71.6 days! That's over 2 years from every 10 spent on Facebook Pidge, one fifth of your life! If you then deduct the average 8 hours sleep per day it amounts to over a third of your time awake! Staggering!
Sweat and shite and blood!
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

The sodding ads piss me off, any time you google something, FFS! Or in some cases don't even do that!
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

MULLY wrote:Nearly as bad as posting one's opinions, likes and dislikes on a Forum 8)
'Like'
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

FB always makes me hungry. All those people uploading pics of their brekkie/lunch/supper/dinner etc
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

ThruBeingCool wrote:FB always makes me hungry. All those people uploading pics of their brekkie/lunch/supper/dinner etc
FLIKE...
Thank you very much
EiTC
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Stevie.T-'up north' wrote:If there's one thing I detest in this world more than onesies and manbags then it has to be FUCKIN FACEBOOK!!! What the fuck is that thing about?? In many cases it's just an example of self indulgence in one's own ego... look at me!, look at me!, look at me! But it's not only that is it - it's those fuckin stupid 'likes', and for the most superficial of comments! For example... 'I decided to stay in last night' - 'like!', 'I'm just off into town' - 'like!', 'I'm a total retard who lives my life on a computer', - 'like!'. IT'S FUCKIN NAUSEATING!!! Just arrange to meet them and lick their arse instead! Oh and what about when people fall out on there and then 'de-friend' people! 'De-friend'??? For fuck sake, GET A FUCKIN LIFE!!! But it doesn't stop there does it. They then ask their other Facebook friends to 'de-friend' that person too or else they'll be 'de-friended' if they don't! SAD!... FUCKIN!... BASTARDS!
Here Here.Facebook is Satan at work IMHO.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Isn't it marvellous how Stevie has mellowed in the past few weeks?
No one can win against kipple.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Oct 2015, 12:39
Stevie.T-'up north' wrote:If there's one thing I detest in this world more than onesies and manbags then it has to be FUCKIN FACEBOOK!!! What the fuck is that thing about?? In many cases it's just an example of self indulgence in one's own ego... look at me!, look at me!, look at me! But it's not only that is it - it's those fuckin stupid 'likes', and for the most superficial of comments! For example... 'I decided to stay in last night' - 'like!', 'I'm just off into town' - 'like!', 'I'm a total retard who lives my life on a computer', - 'like!'. IT'S FUCKIN NAUSEATING!!! Just arrange to meet them and lick their arse instead! Oh and what about when people fall out on there and then 'de-friend' people! 'De-friend'??? For fuck sake, GET A FUCKIN LIFE!!! But it doesn't stop there does it. They then ask their other Facebook friends to 'de-friend' that person too or else they'll be 'de-friended' if they don't! SAD!... FUCKIN!... BASTARDS!
Here Here.Facebook is Satan at work IMHO.

Quite.
My sisters boyfriend who is an utter Cunt has ‘5000’ friends, he only knows about 3 of em.
All he does is post pictures of his dinner and slag liberal trendies and Muslims off, fecking West Ham Supporting Twunt.

2 billion people on this planet are addicted to it, they are sheep and their life seems to revolve around it.
What irratates me the most is women posting the same 1000’s of selfies and pouting like twats and the ones just so desperate for attention, sad bastards, they are so desperate to be liked, to be loved.
And the look look look at me types, wanting their 15 minutes of fame, nobody gives a fuck.
It also seems a lot of em want to be celebrities and be famous for doing absolutely fuck all with zero creativity. So Desperate for fame.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Sean Parker, the 38-year-old founding president of Facebook, recently admitted that the social network was founded not to unite us, but to distract us. “The thought process was: ‘How do we consume as much of your time and conscious attention as possible?’” he said at an event in Philadelphia in November. To achieve this goal, Facebook’s architects exploited a “vulnerability in human psychology”, explained Parker, who resigned from the company in 2005. Whenever someone likes or comments on a post or photograph, he said, “we… give you a little dopamine hit”. Facebook is an empire of empires, then, built upon a molecule.
strangledinAuch

Post by strangledinAuch »

as for Facebook,I couldn't really say,never used it

but fucking Manbags,what's that all about!

the bloody French love them too
See You At The Bar
zontar

Post by zontar »

Like. :grin:
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

In the last few days I've been reminded of a few of the less pleasant aspects of Facebook.

1. People who call out other Facebook users for not expressing their grief on the site.
2. Similarly, people who call out other Facebook users for not being effusive enough in their expression of grief.

I can't understand how, in the face of bad news, Facebook users cannot understand that other people might have different ways of expressing their feelings like, perhaps, actually saying it to other people. Maybe phoning them up to say something, or sending a private email. To be criticised for not doing so in public, or for doing so to a lesser extent, is almost like someone saying "you're not as upset as I am". It's similar to people in local FB groups "grassing up" their neighbours who choose not to clap on the doorstep at 8pm.

If it wasn't so handy for keeping in touch with some people, I'd probably drop it.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall