The Returned, Channel 4

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: The Returned, Channel 4

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Looking forward to the new series. Loved the last one, apart from the ending.
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Looking forward to the new series. Loved the last one, apart from the ending.
Me too :-)

First season of 'The Bridge' worth checking out as well, very good :-)
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I'm not entirely sure whether I'll bother with this again, though now Suits is finishing for now I'll need something else to watch. I wasn't that impressed with it, though being entirely in French, and me being a fast reader, did mean that I could get through a recorded episode in about 20 minutes.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

I really liked the pace of this series. I don't think you can have tapped into the atmosphere properly if you were getting through it at reading speed! Besides, I always have to make sure the volume is well up while I'm reading translated subtitles to get the full effect. Wish things would stop getting remade for the US market, they all need to grow up and cope with the outside world.

I'm not convinced that how the last series ended is going to set the next series up very well but I'm willing to give it a try. Strangely it has only just occurred to me that zombies (are they zombies?) can probably age? Several of the characters were very young and if they are in the new series (which has taken a long time to get made) they are going to have changed in appearance. So many questions. And more to come I expect.
No one can win against kipple.
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

Jon the Impaler wrote:I've sort of watched parts of the last 2 .
What's it about ? I don't get it . Hasn't helped missing the first 2 I guess and then not watching these 2 all the way through .
if it's anything like other french dramas then you never will :lol:
See You At The Bar
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

Never heard of it!
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
jaydee1964
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jaydee1964 »

No.me neither

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Is anyone else watching? I'm having to watch on catch up all the time but loving it.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

No. I watched the first one, realised I'd forgotten too much about the first series (or never really got it in the first place) and dropped it.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

I watched all of Series 1 and 2 and I was quite enthralled.
However, having just seen the final episode, I'm no closer to understanding what it was all about than I was when I saw episode 1. I don't think everything has to be explained to me, the viewer, but I like to think that at least the writers know what's happening. And I'm not convinced they did.

It was something where I enjoyed the atmosphere and individual moments but I was ultimately disappointed in the ending as much as I was when I stuck with 'Lost' through to the rubbish end.

I don't know if there'll be a series 3 but I'll only watch it if it's confirmed that some answers will be given.
ManInBrown
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

I expect to be left slightly disappointed by the end of the series as I find that is the way these things run. I wasn't happy with the end of series 1 and questions remain from that even now but it hasn't stopped my enjoyment of this series. It is all about atmosphere. I too suspect that this was started without a fully formed story in place. When children ask me to watch their made up plays I always check with them that they know how they will end first. Perhaps I'm being too lenient with The Returned.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Never heard of it. C4 output grabbing my attention right now is Toast (Matt Berry total genius) and the enduringly uncomfortable viewing that is Peep Show.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.