Kanye West at Glastonbury

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jaydee1964
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Kanye West at Glastonbury

Post by jaydee1964 »

porkymeat wrote:Not all bad: there was a couple of minutes of catchy pop buried in there. And the stage invader of course. He was good. The Who tonight. I hope we don't get another Lemmy moment...
lemmy moment??

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
porkymeat

Post by porkymeat »

jaydee1964 wrote:
porkymeat wrote:Not all bad: there was a couple of minutes of catchy pop buried in there. And the stage invader of course. He was good. The Who tonight. I hope we don't get another Lemmy moment...
lemmy moment??
Motorhead did Ace of Spades. Then two of the band went into Overkill and Lemmy did Ace of Spades, again.

Daltrey's voice took a bit of getting used to, but The Who were rather fine - Townshend's playing seems to get better and better, though I suppose these days he's only providing the gloss on the guitar work since The Who now have a lot of back-up. Nice snidey quip about Kayne West at the end too.
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

He was ok for about 5 minutes,then fell asleep.He used the words Fuck and Ni..er rather alot.Watched the Who last night really enjoyed it.There may be only two originals but they are still a class act.That's how It should be done.Kanye seem to have a few fans singing along ? Each to their own,I certainly won't be booking any tickets to see him anytime in the next 30 years.
Summer Dreamer
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Summer Dreamer »

Greatkudu wrote:He was ok for about 5 minutes,then fell asleep.He used the words Fuck and Ni..er rather alot.Watched the Who last night really enjoyed it.There may be only two originals but they are still a class act.That's how It should be done.Kanye seem to have a few fans singing along ? Each to their own,I certainly won't be booking any tickets to see him anytime in the next 30 years.
Agree 100% apart from the "He was ok for about 5 minutes" bit. Couldn't see any ok bits... one of the biggest poseurs of Glastonbury 2015 IMHO...
'Scaffolding pays good bread'
strangledinAuch

Post by strangledinAuch »

one of the benefits of not living in the UK for 8 years,haven't got a clue who this clown is

saw the headline on the bbc website and thought that the lad at spurs was moving to west ham :lol:
See You At The Bar
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Have any of you read John Robb's revue of Kayne West at Glastonbury... It's in the latest 'Louder Than War' review. He actually liked the performance and is supportive of him... :smt017
Bernie 77
Something better change!
porkymeat

Post by porkymeat »

Burn e 77 wrote:Have any of you read John Robb's revue of Kayne West at Glastonbury... It's in the latest 'Louder Than War' review. He actually liked the performance and is supportive of him... :smt017
Bernie 77
Er doesn't Robb like pretty much everything he reviews, though?
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

John Robb is a top bloke - always says hello and has time for a chat (with anyone). He's really into The Stranglers - like big time. However, he gave a recent Fall album 9/10 and I said "So if that's 9 out of 10 what is 'This Nation's Saving Grace" and he basically said he got caught up in the excitement and the passion of the whole thing. Can't say I blame him. That said Kayne Fuckin West!

Jim
porkymeat wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:Have any of you read John Robb's revue of Kayne West at Glastonbury... It's in the latest 'Louder Than War' review. He actually liked the performance and is supportive of him... :smt017
Bernie 77
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

theraven1979 wrote:John Robb is a top bloke - always says hello and has time for a chat (with anyone). He's really into The Stranglers - like big time. However, he gave a recent Fall album 9/10 and I said "So if that's 9 out of 10 what is 'This Nation's Saving Grace" and he basically said he got caught up in the excitement and the passion of the whole thing. Can't say I blame him. That said Kayne Fuckin West!

Jim
porkymeat wrote:
Bernie 77
:grin:
Something better change!