Glav Club anyone?

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Glav Club anyone?

Post by porkymeat »

Er, you can do the visa thing by post can't you? Means trusting your p/port etc to the post.
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

porkymeat wrote:Er, you can do the visa thing by post can't you? Means trusting your p/port etc to the post.
No. Since December you have to go to the Russian Embassy in London for digital finger printing. Or summat like that. Even the other agencies who say they will sort the application for you on line only check your form and forward details of your stay. They also stipulate now that you must visit the embassy in person. Ok if you're relatively local.
Pam
Rats Rally

Post by Pam »

For any gig that involves committing to travel costs etc. we've always decided according to how we'd react if gig was cancelled at last minute. If we'd still be happy with the financial cost, time commitment, opportunity to sightsee etc. then no problem. If any doubt - then will reconsider. Are therefore giving this one a miss but hoping that some other locations are announced soon.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Yeah, bit of a bummer for most people. I went there in person today but I'm sure I am one of the lucky few. Visa plus intro letter still cost about £90...
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Turkey Troter wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:I do fancy going but having to travel down to London to the Russian Embassy for fingerprinting is a bit of a ball ache and just adds to the cost. Not completely ruled the trip out though.

Am I right in saying that you need to have an "invitation" to stay in Russia before you can get a visa? By that I mean , accommodation has to be booked first? Not sure if I'm correct but my on line research has lead me to believe that you have to have fights and rooms booked first before they will let you in. Sounds a bit risky if there's a chance that a visa application could be denied. Can anyone clarify this for me?
1. Book Hotel
2. Book Flight
3. Get Hotel to send INVITE (a few £££)
4. Apply for visa, including info from invite and flight booking.

Easy... have faith!
Then book day off work
Train fare to London, tube fares etc

Just sorting a visa would more than double my costs for flight and ticket.

Cheers for the info Paul.
Is it just me that get's the impression they don't really want you to go there in the first place?
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Turkey Troter
Rats Rally

Post by Turkey Troter »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:
Then book day off work
Train fare to London, tube fares etc

Just sorting a visa would more than double my costs for flight and ticket.

Cheers for the info Paul.
Is it just me that get's the impression they don't really want you to go there in the first place?
That's what makes it so much fun!
Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

I'm curious to understand the band's motivation for playing there rather than somewhere more accessible. It must be a pain in the arse for them/their management as much as it is for the rest of us...
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Boody wrote:I'm curious to understand the band's motivation for playing there rather than somewhere more accessible. It must be a pain in the arse for them/their management as much as it is for the rest of us...
Maybe it's just because they can.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
I got the same impression.
Turkey Troter
Rats Rally

Post by Turkey Troter »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:
I got the same impression.
Sorry, I don't do impressions :P
Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

Boody wrote:I'm curious to understand the band's motivation for playing there rather than somewhere more accessible. It must be a pain in the arse for them/their management as much as it is for the rest of us...
Let me guess... they're being paid to go there?
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

JJ saying gig might not happen ?
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.