Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Glav Club anyone?

Post by The Strangler »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Boody wrote:I'm only going for one night. Completely failed to take the visa cost into account - good spot.
Easyjet site says that you must visit the Russian Embassy in London or Edinburgh in person for your visa. Dunno if that's the only way. Bit of a ball ache if you're not local-ish to these.

Thing is ....you only live once! I would love to be at this gig, one of only 187 punters.
Hmmm, must say neither are just around the corner to me !

Was just wondering how the football works ? Do all players have to go to the russian embassy for an interview or is 'business' different ?
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Boody wrote:I'm only going for one night. Completely failed to take the visa cost into account - good spot.

Looked at other flights again and yes you could probably go there for one night at about the same cost as my origininal estimate. Flights are more expensive , visa would cost the same but you wouldn't need to spend so much on accommodation. Swings and roundabouts IMHO. Might as well have more time and see the sights....we deserve it?
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Let's face ...its a grand out of your pocket. All in.
If you're gonna do it proper.
And not much cheaper if you go for one night. Personally, if I was going I would want to take in some of the tourist bits as well.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Turkey Troter
Rats Rally

Post by Turkey Troter »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Let's face ...its a grand out of your pocket. All in.
And not much cheaper if you go for one night. Personally, if I was going I would want to take in some of the tourist bits as well.
Come and join us Barry, you know you want to. You may even last the whole gig!
Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Turkey Troter wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:Let's face ...its a grand out of your pocket. All in.
Come and join us Barry, you know you want to. You may even last the whole gig!
Yep, the more the merrier...this weekend I will see if I can work out where the feck to stay that is convenient for gig and a bit of sightseeing. Well, it's either that or do my piss awful tax return.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

I do fancy going but having to travel down to London to the Russian Embassy for fingerprinting is a bit of a ball ache and just adds to the cost. Not completely ruled the trip out though.

Am I right in saying that you need to have an "invitation" to stay in Russia before you can get a visa? By that I mean , accommodation has to be booked first? Not sure if I'm correct but my on line research has lead me to believe that you have to have fights and rooms booked first before they will let you in. Sounds a bit risky if there's a chance that a visa application could be denied. Can anyone clarify this for me?
Turkey Troter
Rats Rally

Post by Turkey Troter »

ThruBeingCool wrote:I do fancy going but having to travel down to London to the Russian Embassy for fingerprinting is a bit of a ball ache and just adds to the cost. Not completely ruled the trip out though.

Am I right in saying that you need to have an "invitation" to stay in Russia before you can get a visa? By that I mean , accommodation has to be booked first? Not sure if I'm correct but my on line research has lead me to believe that you have to have fights and rooms booked first before they will let you in. Sounds a bit risky if there's a chance that a visa application could be denied. Can anyone clarify this for me?
1. Book Hotel
2. Book Flight
3. Get Hotel to send INVITE (a few £££)
4. Apply for visa, including info from invite and flight booking.

Easy... have faith!
Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Band storms on stage to be met with much the same front row they had @ London :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Although it does sound exotic and exciting to go watch them play there for the first time, I'd rather not take a ticket off a fellow семьяinblack who have been eagerly awaiting them to play there for all these years.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:Band storms on stage to be met with much the same front row they had @ London :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Although it does sound exotic and exciting to go watch them play there for the first time, I'd rather not take a ticket off a fellow семьяinblack who have been eagerly awaiting them to play there for all these years.
I agree. Demand must be high, 2 tickets have been sold since I last looked 2 weeks ago. Those Russians are just mad about 70's/80's tribute bands aren't they?
Last edited by ThruBeingCool on 17 Jan 2015, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Turkey Troter wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:I do fancy going but having to travel down to London to the Russian Embassy for fingerprinting is a bit of a ball ache and just adds to the cost. Not completely ruled the trip out though.

1. Book Hotel
2. Book Flight
3. Get Hotel to send INVITE (a few £££)
4. Apply for visa, including info from invite and flight booking.

Easy... have faith!
Then book day off work
Train fare to London, tube fares etc

Just sorting a visa would more than double my costs for flight and ticket.

Cheers for the info Paul.