Charlie Hebdo

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Rattus572
Rats Rally

Re: Charlie Hebdo

Post by Rattus572 »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Bobinblack wrote:Go on then, I'll bite - was it brave then?
No, it wasn't brave Bob. There are many words I have for these people but 'cowards' isn't one that I personally would have used to describe them. However, after reading recent posts I suppose I can see why they could be viewed as cowards. I'm as sickened and shocked at these events as anyone else I might add just in case anyone took my previous post the wrong way.
Vous etes Charlie.
No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

A friend of mine posted this comment and I have to agree...

''Just a thought, but if something is All Powerful, why does it need Man to stand up and fight it's battles for it?''
ManInBrown
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

It would make me puke to walk in a march headed by Hollande, Merkel and the rest of the gutless appeasing, and guilty, EU elite.
rotten thoughts
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Bobinblack wrote:Go on then, I'll bite - was it brave then?
No, it wasn't brave Bob. There are many words I have for these people but 'cowards' isn't one that I personally would have used to describe them. However, after reading recent posts I suppose I can see why they could be viewed as cowards. I'm as sickened and shocked at these events as anyone else I might add just in case anyone took my previous post the wrong way.
'Hardly cowardice' is what you said, now if you weren't trying to start a pointless and completely insensitive debate then I apologise fully.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Rockula wrote:A friend of mine posted this comment and I have to agree...

''Just a thought, but if something is All Powerful, why does it need Man to stand up and fight it's battles for it?''

That something is nothing.

It does not exist

It is in the minds of the weak who need this "entity" to make them feel better about the way they live their lives.

Brainwashed masses.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Rattus572
Rats Rally

Post by Rattus572 »

jetblacksdad wrote:
Rockula wrote:A friend of mine posted this comment and I have to agree...

That something is nothing.

It does not exist

It is in the minds of the weak who need this "entity" to make them feel better about the way they live their lives.

Brainwashed masses.
Amen
No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full
dennirusking
Down In The Sewer

Post by dennirusking »

Bobinblack wrote:
dennirusking wrote:Yesterday on facebook I read about a man in Saudi Arabia who will be flogged today for the crime of blogging about free speech. 50 lashes. As A friend told me that in the Evening Standard they were claiming that the prophet Mohammed told his people that if anyone ever attacked their religion the correct response was to just leave the room.
I think it's 50 lashes a week, wasn't the sentence 2500 lashes? Apols if i heard it wrong.
Yes, you're right his punishment was much harsher than I'd said it was. The Guardian have now published translated extracts from his blog:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/j ... aif-badawi