Gang of Four - reformed and touring

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

philjxn
Ugly
Ugly

Post by philjxn »

Any of you lot going to see the Gang of Four...apparently reformed with the original line-up and playing a few gigs in the UK in Jan ?
Freddie Laker showed them what to do...
The Little Nuclei
Rats Rally

Post by The Little Nuclei »

philjxn wrote:Any of you lot going to see the Gang of Four...apparently reformed with the original line-up and playing a few gigs in the UK in Jan ?
:D I was thinking about it....saw them @ Hammersmith Palais in March 81...excellent live band. Is it the classic line up, which made "Entertainment" and "Solid Gold" ??... ???
steveareno
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by steveareno »

Can anyone advise of dates ?

I love this band but missed them live @ the time. Would love to see them in Scotland.

Steveareno.
'If there's no reason for your words, then your silence ain't absurd, if there's no reason for your breathing then it just won't do'
philjxn
Ugly
Ugly

Post by philjxn »

ere

Not sure if this is all the dates....but a good start. I saw them over here when they toured for their last album, shrinkwrapped....they are bloody good live. Theres also a stranglers connection...I think Andy Gill has done some producing/mixing work with the strangs..

PS...apparently original line-up...though missing the delectable sara lee on bass

Edited By philjxn on 1104237360
The Little Nuclei
Rats Rally

philjxn wrote:ere

Not sure if this is all the dates....but a good start. I saw them over here when they toured for their last album, shrinkwrapped....they are bloody good live. Theres also a stranglers connection...I think Andy Gill has done some producing/mixing work with the strangs..

PS...apparently original line-up...though missing the delectable sara lee on bass
??? I would rather Dave Allen on bass, that's why I would only go if it was the original 4...Dave, Andy, Jon and Hugo.... :wallbash:
philjxn
Ugly
Ugly

Post by philjxn »

the good news for you is ...yes apparently Dave Allen is on bass....the bad news...for me is that the delectable Sara Lee is not ...

You Choose

I know where my vote is !
The Little Nuclei
Rats Rally

philjxn wrote:the good news for you is ...yes apparently Dave Allen is on bass....the bad news...for me is that the delectable Sara Lee is not ...

You Choose

I know where my vote is !
:D I suggest you go and have a Wankfest !!! :wtf?: