Band aid 30

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Band aid 30

Post by ThruBeingCool »

I'm gonna give Sir Bob the benefit of the doubt and say that I do believe his heart is in the right place. However, I would warm to him more if the vast majority of his music wasn't complete and utter dog shit.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Greatkudu wrote:One Direction are the collective anti christ's along with Boro (Bono).These idiots only get involved in Charity for their own publicity.I love Africa but these numb nuts make me sick with their

falsehoods.PIssed off in the Shires.
Olly c*nt Murs is the worst inclusion IMO - totally pointless person . One Direction - are they old enough to be allowed out to do this stuff all by themselves ? Bet they got detention for bunking off school .
All quiet ..........
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

iain wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... track.html

Found myself looking at those smug faces and wondering which one I'd like to get Ebola most.
Murs . PLEASE .
All quiet ..........
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

I am fed up with Africa being portrayed as a disease ridden backwater all the time it is quite a rich continent in some places. Why can't the countries there help each other out properly. With all the charity it gets nothing seems to be getting any better. Ebola is a slightly different case I suppose but it shouldn't be up to pop stars to tell the world what to do and tell us how to spend and donate our money. Most people buying the record probably won't give two hoots or know what it is for anyway as it has the latest pop fad playing on it. I admire but Sir Bob does for charity and don't man to put him down as his heart is the right place. As a record the band aid record isn't very good even Bob and Midge have said that so why not come up with a new song for the modern age as the lyrics to the original do not reflect the 21st century really.
"I had a dream or a nightmare difficult to decide which"
jaydee1964
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jaydee1964 »

Jon the Impaler wrote:
iain wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... track.html

Found myself looking at those smug faces and wondering which one I'd like to get Ebola most.
Murs . PLEASE .
any of the c@$&s from wrong direction especially harry

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

wanderlust wrote:I am fed up with Africa being portrayed as a disease ridden backwater all the time it is quite a rich continent in some places. Why can't the countries there help each other out properly. With all the charity it gets nothing seems to be getting any better. Ebola is a slightly different case I suppose but it shouldn't be up to pop stars to tell the world what to do and tell us how to spend and donate our money. Most people buying the record probably won't give two hoots or know what it is for anyway as it has the latest pop fad playing on it. I admire but Sir Bob does for charity and don't man to put him down as his heart is the right place. As a record the band aid record isn't very good even Bob and Midge have said that so why not come up with a new song for the modern age as the lyrics to the original do not reflect the 21st century really.
Africa has many rich countries and resources,the trouble is that it is in the hands of the few,a bit like Britain these day's.

I am hardly an expert but have been to Kenya,Tanzania and Ethiopia.It has extremes of rich and poor,but has an amazing vibe.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

wanderlust wrote:I am fed up with Africa being portrayed as a disease ridden backwater .
Yes ..... thats Harwich and Suffolk :grin:
All quiet ..........
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

Yawn, same old crap, bored now Bob, find another 'worthwhile' cause please. Something a little closer to home. Drug addiction perhaps?
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
meanie
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by meanie »

Heard it this morning... what a crock, it's worse than the original :shock:
I'll see you in the sewer!!!
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

meanie wrote:Heard it this morning... what a crock, it's worse than the original :shock:
That in itself is an achievement!
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

ManInBrown