And Stuart Pearce's favourite Stranglers album is...

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

And Stuart Pearce's favourite Stranglers album is...

Post by saminblack »

Nice to see even with the distraction of the World Cup and the Rio beaches Psycho still remembers what is important...

http://talksport.com/football/world-cup ... 4061295866

Throughout the World Cup, Drivetime host Adrian Durham will be taking you behind the scenes of talkSPORT's time in Brazil. And day four started with Stuart Pearce fluffing his lines on the beach, and ended with him giving us all an education at the dinner table...

Wednesday, June 11

Stuart Pearce was on the verge of hitting me tonight. At least that’s the way it felt. Thankfully he didn’t – I’m a lover not a fighter, so it would have been a bit one-sided.

Out for the evening meal (lovely Italian place) with the talkSPORT team (Jon Norman, James Bragg, Ian Cruise, Andrew McKenna, George Cummins, Pearce, Moose, Goughie and myself) and it was the first chance I’ve had to speak to Stuart. We talked about our shared love of The Stranglers of course – “Rattus” we agreed was their best album. Not many going to disagree with that.

And then the conversation turned to football.

I asked about his perceived dislike of the media, about putting David James up front when he had Jon Macken on the bench when his Manchester City sided needed to win, I asked about the England Under-21s, I asked about the Olympics and David Beckham.

It was an education and, while I didn’t agree with Stuart on everything – and told him that to his face – I understood why he’d taken the decisions he made.

The story behind the decision over Beckham not being part of the Olympic squad was particularly shocking. This diary is a frank and honest account of what goes on while talkSPORT is at the World Cup, but that whole Beckham thing is a story for Pearce to tell, not me. I’m not into betraying confidences, I’m more of a man than that.

What I will say is this: when what Stuart Pearce says is reported, the headline may shock you. But when you read the detail behind what he is saying, it will make sense, even though you might disagree with his point of view.

We agreed to disagree on some points, and he enlightened me about his decisions over the years, while I’d like to feel I might have enlightened him about the way the media works.

For me personally, it was another amazing night in Brazil with a brilliant group of guys.

Stuart Pearce ended my day, and he started it as well – my first task after recovering from a sleepless night because of Colombians singing outside the apartment on the Copacabana until 3.30am (imagine how it’s going to be on Thursday night if Brazil win), was to go straight to the beach to interview Stuart and watch him take a penalty. We talked about Italia 90 and that semi-final shoot-out, and we talked about his belief that Joe Hart should take a penalty if England are involved in a shoot-out at this World Cup.

He then took a penalty and missed.

Old habits die hard!

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/world-cup ... zTAZ6jm.99
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
elleninblack
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: And Stuart Pearce's favourite Stranglers album is...

Post by elleninblack »

Not a bad choice of favourite album :)
Hagakure with perfume...
jaydee1964

Post by jaydee1964 »

Yeah superb choice mr pearce .he's the only footballer iv ever been intrested in .....i wonder why

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
dreamtime101

Post by dreamtime101 »

Never had much time for Adrian Durham - bit of a "Shock Jock" IMO but he can't be all bad if he likes The Stranglers!
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Its clearly not their best album "The Raven" is but i doubt if he owns that. He will be lucky to have Rattus and Heroes in his colllection. Every song on "Rattus" is equally as good but then so is the same for "No more heroes" "Rattus" is what i would expect him to say. I bet he doesnt even own every album.