Wilko, Daltrey album and shows

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Pam
Rats Rally

Re: Wilko, Daltrey album and shows

Post by Pam »

elvisintheclouds wrote:
Pam wrote:Saw Wilko twice last week at Tunbridge Wells Forum. Really good gigs and as it's a small venue (capacity maybe 250?) a total contrast to the Koko gigs. Also lucky enough to get tickets for SBE. Am really surprised they haven't added additional dates there.
Nice one Pam. Good venue, saw him there last year with Norman... Congrats on the SBE tickets...Did you get them 1st thing at face value? I tried but they were gone in a trice...
Got them at face value but only because we know someone who's an O2 customer who realised they had a presale; I found out afterwards there was also a presale on the Who's website. Disappointing there wasn't also a Wilko presale; had thought that the recently advertised mailing list might have been intended for that.
shazzer
Rats Rally

Post by shazzer »

Alexinblack wrote:Really pleased to hear that Wlko is still firing on all fronts and is has good as ever.
My thoughts mirrored x
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

shazzer wrote:
Alexinblack wrote:Really pleased to hear that Wlko is still firing on all fronts and is has good as ever.
My thoughts mirrored x
True! All strength to Wilko 8)
Thank you very much
EiTC
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

I'm doing one of the Quo gigs at Hammersmith for once a support act worth seeing! Will be a great night all round..
"I had a dream or a nightmare difficult to decide which"
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

wanderlust wrote:I'm doing one of the Quo gigs at Hammersmith for once a support act worth seeing! Will be a great night all round..
just found out that wilko is support for 6 of the frantic four final gigs so couldn't resist getting a ticket for the Glasgow show.missed them last year cos wilko was playing the same night so well chuffed about this.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Yes, a mate mentioned last night that he's going to see Quo in Manchester Apollo, and that Wilko is the support act. And Roger Daltery was on the radio the other day, mentioned that Wilko is just off to Japan for a short tour there, then doing a Suggs-related benefit gig. Might be cheaper to pop to Japan to see him than pay tout prices for tickets.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Just reading an email from the Belfast festival to tell me that Wilko has had to cancel his latest round of shows including next weekend's Belfast gig. ...for health reasons.
Hopefully that's only precautionary but you get that sick feeling in the stomach hearing it.
Best wishes to Wilko.
rotten thoughts
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

iain wrote:Just reading an email from the Belfast festival to tell me that Wilko has had to cancel his latest round of shows including next weekend's Belfast gig. ...for health reasons.
Hopefully that's only precautionary but you get that sick feeling in the stomach hearing it.
Best wishes to Wilko.
Well said mate.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

heard him being interviewd on the Richard madely show on radio 2 on sunday.he seemed fine,so hopefully this health scare was just a minor thing.no mention was made of feeling unwell though he said he occasionaly may not feel to great.
he also mentioned that he is going into hospital for a load of tests as doctors are baffled as to why he's still alive.
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

manticore wrote:heard him being interviewd on the Richard madely show on radio 2 on sunday.he seemed fine,so hopefully this health scare was just a minor thing.no mention was made of feeling unwell though he said he occasionaly may not feel to great.
he also mentioned that he is going into hospital for a load of tests as doctors are baffled as to why he's still alive.
Fingers crossed then.
rotten thoughts
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

Went to see wilko in Glasgow last night on his still kicking tour.excellent.you wouldn't think it was somebody who'd had a load of organs and stuff removed from his body last year.
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

So pleased that tonight Wilko fulfilled the Belfast gig he had to cancel last year.
Magic to see him and the band.
Excellent show, as usual......Norman must need some amount of liquid after a show. The sweat was literally dripping from his elbows tonight. :lol:
rotten thoughts