Lou Reed RIP

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Lou Reed RIP

Post by MiB81 »

pigeon wrote:Sad news R.I.P lou. Only own one album your on "lulu" & i think it was your last effort. At least you got to make an album with the mighty metallica.
:roll:

In The Metro today it said Lou, "...continued to break new ground with collaborations with Metallica and Lulu."

Fucken twats.

I was genuinely shocked to hear of Uncle Lou's passing, RIP.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Very very sad news.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Very much so, RIP Lou and cheers for all the classics
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

MiB81 wrote:
pigeon wrote:Sad news R.I.P lou. Only own one album your on "lulu" & i think it was your last effort. At least you got to make an album with the mighty metallica.
:roll:

In The Metro today it said Lou, "...continued to break new ground with collaborations with Metallica and Lulu."

Fucken twats.

I was genuinely shocked to hear of Uncle Lou's passing, RIP.

It was Lou who wanted to make the album with Metallica. I have it in my "So what!" fan club special on the album. They first met at the new york rock n roll hall of fame where he played with Metallica onstage as Metallica wanted to play with a New york resident. Then he brought the idea to them. He was mainly a fan of Kirks guitarplaying at first,as the first reharsel diddn't go to well as lou thought "What there just a bunch of heavy metallers they can't play" then kirk offerd him a piece of his vegetarian hotdog and that sealed the deal.
zontar
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zontar »

Among other talents, an outstanding rythym guitarist.

Apolgies for late post, but I fell on hard times and was unable to reply upon his passing.
clutchingmyteddybear
Rats Rally

Post by clutchingmyteddybear »

Had the pleasure of seeing him in Wolverhampton on his last tour. Lovely moment when the lights closed in on centre stage and he played a few velvet numbers.
how did I get down here, well it's a long story
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

pigeon wrote:
It was Lou who wanted to make the album with Metallica. I have it in my "So what!" fan club special on the album. They first met at the new york rock n roll hall of fame where he played with Metallica onstage as Metallica wanted to play with a New york resident. Then he brought the idea to them. He was mainly a fan of Kirks guitarplaying at first,as the first reharsel diddn't go to well as lou thought "What there just a bunch of heavy metallers they can't play" then kirk offerd him a piece of his vegetarian hotdog and that sealed the deal.
So there you have it chaps. Avoid hairy people who offer you their vegetarian hotdog...
Lars Ulrich 77
Something better change!